Consultant: Chris Hutchinson
Salary: £20000 - £28000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Looking for a Product Specialist to join an innovative organisation based in the Midlands area.
As the Product Specialist, you will be responsible for developing sales strategies to maximise sales and revenue.
Key duties and responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- arranging appointments with doctors and hospital medical teams, which may include pre- arranged appointments or regular ‘cold’ calling
- Making presentations to doctors, practice staff and nurses in hospital. Presentations may take place in medical settings during the day, or may be conducted in the evenings at a local hotel or conference venue
- building and maintaining positive working relationships with medical staff and supporting administrative staff
- managing budgets
- keeping detailed records of all contacts
- reaching (and if possible exceeding) annual sales targets
- Planning work schedules and weekly and monthly timetables. This may involve working with the area sales team or discussing future targets with the sales director Generally, medical sales executives have their own regional area of responsibility and plan how and when to target health professions;
- regularly attending company meetings, technical data presentations and briefings
- keeping up to date with the latest clinical data supplied by the company, and interpreting, presenting and discussing this data with health professionals during presentations;
- monitoring competitor activity and competitors’ products
- maintaining knowledge of new developments in the National Health Service (NHS), anticipating potential negative and positive impacts on the business and adapting strategy accordingly
- developing strategies for increasing opportunities to meet and talk to contacts in the medical and health care sector
- Staying informed about the activities of health services in a particular area.
2 years sales experience.
Ideally in theatre consumables with a knowledge of laparoscopic, ligation and stapling products
Starting salary of £28,000 and OTE of £45,000 + Car allowance.
If you are interested in this please get in touch and send your CV, we are looking to interview candidates as soon as possible.