Consultant: Tom Baker
Salary: £32000 - £38000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Medical are looking for a permanent Psychologist to work in the Shropshire area. This position is to start ASAP and the client are ideally looking for candidates at an equivalent band 7.
My client in Shropshire are seeking a competent and experience Psychologist to join them on a permanent basis starting as soon as possible. The role will be to provide specialist psychological assessment, formulation and therapeutic care planning for young people and provide consultation on the psychological care of children and young people.
Key Responsibilities to include (but not limited to):
- To undertake assessment of referrals, including gathering of appropriate information from other relevant agencies and contribute to decisions about appropriateness of referrals into the service
To provide specialist psychological assessments and formulation of children and young people placed with the client based upon the appropriate use, interpretation and integration of data from a variety of sources including psychological and neuropsychological tests, self-report measures, rating scales, observations and information gathering from those involved in children’s and young people’s care
To formulate and implement plans of psychological intervention / management of children and young people’s mental health problems, based on psychological understanding of the difficulties within current evidence-based practice, including attachment theory
To undertake consultation with care providers, supporting them to understand the psychological basis of a young person’s presentation and enabling them to provide holistic therapeutic care
To exercise autonomous professional judgment and responsibility for the psychological management of children and young people including assessment, formulation, therapeutic intervention, placement planning and effective communication of these plans with other professionals involved in the care of the young person
- Qualifications: Doctorate or equivalent in clinical psychology.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years experience working within a similar role and experience or post qualification training with children and adolescents
- Compliance: HCPC registration, chartership with BPS (desirable), registration with therapeutic bodies and accompanying registration certification (desirable), Practitioner Doctorate (or equivalent accepted by the BPS).
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently. The role will also involve travel across Shropshire and some of Wales
- Hours: 40 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Medical:
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of the Medical Sector.
After winning multiple awards in 2019, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Psychologist who is, help them find their next role by referring them to Seven Medical. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.