Consultant: Angus Irving
Salary: £65000 - £85000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Speciality Doctor – Adult Psychiatry
Seven Resourcing – Bristol, North Somerset
Seven Medical are seeking a Speciality Doctor in the Bristol area.
This is a full-time role and includes Speciality doctor responsibility working with a Responsible Clinician
We are seeking an experienced speciality Psychiatrist who can provide care, assessment and treatment of patients with mental disorders.
The ideal candidate will work with the Hospital Director and Senior Management team to ensure effective clinical leadership of the inpatient service.
- Ensuring effective liaison with the referrals team to enable you to review referrals and determine appropriateness for admissions
- Conducting admissions assessments, risk assessments, reviews and ensuring effective management plans for all service users within the unit.
- Allocating specialist psychological treatments, in line with individual needs and assessing physical health, taking special responsibility for medical issues
- Supervising and directing the work of other staff who support treatment of service users
- Facilitating regular CPA review meetings
- Acting as Specialty doctor for service users detained under the Mental Health Act
- Providing an on-call service and ensuring the provision of medical cover to the unit
- Opportunity to be involved in clinical governance standards and monitoring for the delivery of the service
- Developing protocols as required meeting standard in both psychological and pharmacological interventions.
To be successful as a Specialty Psychiatrist you’ll need:
- General Medical Council (GMC) registration
- Approved under section 12(2) of the MHA 1983
- Have Approved Clinician status under the MHA 1983 is desirable
- Up-to-date knowledge in the field of Forensic and Rehabilitation Psychiatry, including physical health, mental health and systemic factors.
- Experience of working in an inpatient forensic or rehabilitation setting and with patients detained under the MHA.
- Awareness of current issues in mental health service provision, policy and legislation.
- The drive to learn and develop
- A commitment to patient-centred care and to values-based and evidence-based practice
- A flexible, positive, team-orientated approach.
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits:
- Annual leave plus bank holidays (at commencement of employment)
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Free meals while on duty
- Carefirst – Employee Assistance Services
- Continuous learning and development
- Career development
- Personal health insurance
- Voluntary Benefits
Working with Seven Medical:
Established in 2011, Seven Medical is a leading provider of Medical professionals to county NHS Trusts, charities, hospitals and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of the Medical industry.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018 and again in 2019, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a candidate who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Medical. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £65,000.00 – £80,000.00 /year