Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Michael Stapleton
Salary: £21 - £40
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Nursing is looking for multiple Band 5 A & E Nurses to work shifts for its wonderful NHS client in Stoke. The roles include exclusive rates, giving you an exciting opportunity to earn up to £40p/h. If you are open to locum and/or shift work, apply today and our multi-award-winning Consultants will find you a nursing role that pays what you deserve.
Emergency nurses specialize in assessing, intervening and stabilizing a variety of trauma and illnesses with decisive action. Due to the range of medical conditions that may require urgent treatment and care, they must be knowledgeable about general as well as specific health issues.
The most important responsibility for an emergency nurse is understanding triage, which is a method of prioritizing injuries based on medical need. An emergency nurse must have the ability to make quick and accurate assessments about incoming patients, including both physical and mental health conditions.
Time management is crucial in this job. Along with triage, emergency nurses must quickly ascertain the following information from incoming patients:
- Identify the medical problem
- Document medical history
- Check for any allergies and current medications
- Obtain height, weight, body temperature, heart rate and blood pressure
- Other responsibilities include moving patients, taking blood samples, cleaning and bandaging wounds, administering medications and maintaining proper supplies of medical equipment.
As with other health care professionals, emergency nurses are expected to comply with protocols, procedures and safety policies of a health care facility. Emotional stability, communication, leadership, sympathy and attention to detail are traits common among successful emergency nurses.
- Qualifications:A BSc (Hons) degree in nursing.
- Experience:2+ years experience in an emergency medical facility in the UK.
- Compliance:Up to DBS and NMC registration.
- Travel:Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours:37.5 hours p/w.
Perks of Working Shifts with Seven Nursing:
- We negotiate with employers directly, providing you with exclusive payrates.
- Flexible working hours, improving work-life balance.
- Personable and convenient candidate support at all times.
Working with Seven Nursing:
Established in 2011, Seven Nursing is a leading provider of nursing professionals to Hospitals, Private Healthcare Organisations and Care Homes. We provide both locum and permanent solutions, working with nurses in Band 5, all the way up to Band 8D.
Seven Nursing is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of nursing; including General Nursing, CAMHS, Case Management, Intensive Care, Staff Nursing and everything in between.
After winning multiple awards in 2018/19 and receiving hundreds of 5* reviews, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.