Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Peter O'Reilly
Salary: £52000 - £52000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Advanced Nurse Practitioner
Salary: £52,000 pa
Hours: Full OR Part Time
Working closely with a multidisciplinary team you will use your experience to practice autonomously and flexibly. Practitioners must have experience in primary care. Applicants must also be competent in the assessment of patients with undifferentiated needs and have completed their Independent Prescribing qualification.
The post holder will work with the service manager, and clinical lead to deliver robust clinical governance and the fulfilment of the service contract.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Using evidence based research undertake accurate assessment and management of patients with undifferentiated needs in accordance with evidence based clinical guidelines, including patients presenting with minor illness and minor injury in both adult and paediatric patients.
- Undertake assessment and management of patients in a timely manner, actively contributing to effective delivery of the service based on demand.
- Undertake diagnosis and when applicable subsequently provide clinical treatment according to extended nurse prescribing formulary.
- To perform a variety of screening procedures and diagnostic tests as requested or deemed necessary during assessment and offer opportunistic screening when appropriate. This includes the interpretation of radiographs.
- Prioritise cases and intervene appropriately in urgent or emergency situations, including initiation of effective emergency care.
- Professional NMC Registration
- Extended/independent prescribing qualification
- Accredited A&E or minor illness qualification
- Evidence of continuous personal development
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner/Nurse Practitioner qualification/ first contact practitioner (or willing to work towards)
- Minimum of 3 years experience in primary care, A&E or minor injuries unit.
- Experience in working as an autonomous practitioner.
- Clinical examination skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Displays self-confidence and self-awareness, especially in dealing with staff and patients.
- Contrasting abilities to work both in teams and independently.
- Ability to articulate the rationale for decisions
- Demonstrates sound Leadership capabilities when dealing with members of the nursing team and support staff.
- Demonstrates capability to assume management responsibilities as required to support the Urgent Care Centre Lead.
- NHS pension.
- We’ll provide you with access to a committed Learning and Development team, and we work closely with Universities and Health Education England to further your potential and support your progression.
- We will offer a combination of in house eLearning, workshops and courses to support your development.
- You will become part of the Virgin Tribe. This grants you access to premier offers such as up to 40% off Virgin Trains, as well as discounts on Virgin Products such as holidays.
- You’ll access our central online health and lifestyle platform covering healthy recipes, activity challenges, and support information around mental health. All this, and flexible working patterns to help support your work/life balance
Working with Seven Nursing:
Established in 2011, Seven Nursing is a leading provider of nursing professionals to Hospitals, Private Healthcare Organisations and Care Homes. We provide both locum and permanent solutions, working with nurses in band 5, all the way up to band 8D.
Seven Nursing is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of nursing; including General Nursing, CAMHS, Case Management, Intensive Care, Staff Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Nursing. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.