Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Mark Norman
Salary: £11 - £15
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Nursing is looking for a Locum Band 4 Community CAMHS Health Care Support Worker to work in Devon.
You will be working closely with children and adolescents who are suffering from various mental health conditions to help them recover from their illness and improve their general quality of life.
- To support the provision of comprehensive, specialist CAMHS assessments, including risk assessment, for young people needing the CAMHS service.
To support the implementation of therapeutic and clinically effective interventions to young people and their families who are in crisis
To be managed and supervised by clinical staff to support the post holder in the implementation of evidence-based care packages to suit the individual needs of a young person and/or their families and carers.
Working hours will be 37.5 hrs and will be flexible between the hours of 9 am – 5pm with the possibility of condensing the hours over a shorter week.
To provide a mental health support role to young people.
To work with their families / parents / carers.
The post holder will often offer home based interventions. For example, supported meals, helping the management of anxiety, supporting the implementation of care plans and therapeutic packages as devised by clinicians within the team.
To work alongside and liaise with CAMHS colleagues and a range of other professionals to ensure a seamless delivery of service when young people are in need of care.
· To be able to communicate effectively in stressful situations
· To be able to understand clinical effectiveness and to take the lead from clinicians and implement plans effectively.
· Use initiative to deal with general day to day challenges. To be able to understand and make a judgement as to whether to escalate a problem up the relevant clinician and to recognise when own knowledge and skills are insufficient to manage a situation.
- To ensure own safety and the safety of patients is risk assessed and reviewed.
· To work with an individualised care plan to support the young person’s recovery in the community.
· To be able to plan and organise own workload according to a job plan
- Compliance: Up to date DBS
- Travel: UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
- £11.00 – £15.00 per hour
- Mileage paid at £0.45p per mile
Working with Seven Nursing:
Established in 2011, Seven Nursing is a leading provider of nursing professionals to Hospitals, Private Healthcare Organisations and Care Homes. We provide both locum and permanent solutions, working with nurses in band 5, all the way up to band 8D.
Seven Nursing is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of nursing; including General Nursing, Mental Health, CAMHS, Case Management, Intensive Care, Staff Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Nursing. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.