Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Daniel Waters
Salary: £32780 - £32780
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Are you a Registered Nurse?
Do you really want to make a difference to patient care?
Do you have an interest in the delivery and implementation of quality healthcare in a challenging and dynamic area?
***To qualify for this job you must be a NMC registered nurse with an active PIN, ideally with care home management experience***
*36 hour contract – includes paid breaks*
*£17.51 per hour*
Clinical Deputy Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team as a Clinical Deputy Manager. The main responsibility of this role is to support the registered Home Manager and act as Manager in the absence of the Registered Manager. You will support with the overall management of care within the home, whilst also promoting and maintaining the highest quality of service for our residents through development of person centred care plans.
Key responsibilities of a Deputy Manager
- Administer and order medicines as required by the home in accordance with the homes’ policies and procedures.
- Assist the Manager to produce and maintain systems and procedures for auditing and assuring quality of care provided by the home
- Work within the NMC codes of conduct and scope of practice and within the homes’ policies and procedures.
- Provide support and professional supervision to care staff and nursing staff as appropriate.
- Ensure effective communication with relatives and other healthcare professionals.
- Ensure confidentiality regarding all aspects of care and management of the home is maintained.
- Assessing and responding to clinical risk, and having a good understanding of the regulatory framework.
Skills and experience
- Understand care planning processes and have experience of writing care plans.
- Experience of working with residents with various health needs.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to lead, coach and develop staff.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to contribute to, monitor and implement changes that improvement service delivery and outcomes for residents.
Level 5 QCF is desirable but not essential as training can be provided.
Registered Nurse with Valid Pin
Full Time position to include weekend and occasional night shifts as required. Some supernumerary hours included.