Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Felicia Dix
Salary: £40000 - £45000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
We are looking to recruit an experienced General Manager. A state-of-the-art care home based in Manchester. We provide specialist residential and nursing care to older people and people living with dementia. We are proud to deliver support in your area, as part of the award-winning national social care charity.
With a caring and homely approach to care, our highly trained staff, specialist facilities and philosophy of promoting happy, active and fulfilled lives, we aspire to provide the highest standards of support. The home has gone through an extensive refurbishment programme.
We are committed to providing personalised support that promotes people leading full, happy and independent lives:
- Our colleagues receive specialist training and mentoring.
- We really get to know the people we support. To achieve this, we spend time understanding their life story and the things that are important to them, so we focus on the things that really matter to them.
- Every person we support has a named key worker who helps develop their own personalised care.
- Our service has strong links with Age UK
We are looking for a person who is confident in managing relationships, has experience of working with commissioners and no stranger to complex funding arrangements. You will be supported by a team of managers at a local level and have the full backing of the older people services senior management team.
This role requires a positive and a friendly Manager with strong leadership abilities, strong values about quality care provision and experience of managing teams in order to deliver first class Dementia Care to the people we support and who are at the heart of everything we do. Reporting to the regional manager, you will take the lead in the day to day management of the home, with the support of a residential manager and a clinical lead manager.
To qualify for the role, you will have:
- Demonstrable track record of CQC compliance as a Registered Care Home Manager
- NVQ 4/5 in social care management or equivalent
- Registered Nurse qualification (desirable)
- Strong people management skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Engaging communication skills
- Ability to forge effective working relationships internally and externally
Working for Us
In return, we offer you a rewarding role with the opportunity to develop your skills and future career in a rewarding and enriching environment. We also offer the following;
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to on going learning and development
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Holiday purchase scheme (up to 5 days)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Retail discounts
- Leisure savings
- Holiday and travel discounts
- Employee of the month scheme
- We will also pay for your DBS
To apply for this role contact Felicia on 07520634021 or email an up to date CV to: