Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Peter O’Reilly
Salary: £44068 - £44068
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Charge Nurse – Rehabilitation
Salary: £33,412 – £44,068 pa (Band 6)
Hours: 37.5 per week
The Senior Nursing Team is delighted to announce the further roll out of a Band 6, Sister/Charge Nurse position. The role already operates successfully in several areas of the hospital and is now introduced on a substantive basis.
We are looking for nurse leaders who can support ward managers to help build a confident, high quality and caring team who are experts in their field. The successful candidate will be responsible for championing and guiding a diverse range of nursing and health care assistant staff whilst working alongside other multi-disciplinary colleagues.
As part of the Leadership Team within the hospital, key responsibilities will include;
- the HR and financial management of the ward
- ensuring the 24 hour nursing service is covered by appropriate rostering and skill mix,
- facilitating multi-disciplinary team working and monitoring/participating in patient care provision
- Demonstrate an awareness of RHN’s objectives and contribute to achieving them appropriately. Strive to improve and offer excellent standards of safe, clinical care.
To actively contribute to creating a culture where quality is at the centre of everything we do and is delivered on all occasions to the highest level, in accordance with the appropriate CQC regulations and professional standards including the Nursing and Midwifery Council Code.
To deliver a high standard of care to the patient and residents of the hospital.
To assess patients care needs and to develop, implement and evaluate programmes of care.
Participate in managing nurses and nursing services.
To provide support to the Ward Sister and Matron for the service.
- NMC Pin – RNA / RNLD
- Proven interpersonal skills and a demonstrable ability to handle complex communications
- Demonstrable experience of leadership, management and multi-disciplinary team working
- A management qualification (or willingness to undertake management studies)
- A teaching/mentoring qualification
- Experience of managing complex workloads and competing priorities
- Generous staff pension scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Subsidised restaurant and Costa Coffee
- Occupational health service which includes a range of wellbeing services
- Access to on site staff accommodation
- Option to join a health insurance scheme administered by HSF at preferential rates.
- DSE/eyesight tests and cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free 24 hour parking on site
Working with Seven Nursing:
Established in 2011, Seven Nursing is a leading provider of nursing professionals to Hospitals, Private Healthcare Organisations and Care Homes. We provide both locum and permanent solutions, working with nurses in band 5, all the way up to band 8D.
Seven Nursing is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of nursing; including General Nursing, CAMHS, Case Management, Intensive Care, Staff Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Nursing. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.