Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Felicia Dix
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Clinical Lead Nurse – Lincolnshire
As a Clinical Lead you have responsibility for leading a team of nursing staff to ensure delivery of an excellent standard of care which promotes independence, dignity and respect and positively enhances the lives of our clients.
You will be required to have a proven good clinical background, an up to date NMC pin, be able to demonstrate clinical management and have a caring and professional ethos.
- To carry responsibility for the management of the nursing services in liaison with the Care Home Manager.
- Take a leadership role for your team by ensuring staff skills are managed, supervised appropriately and rotas are in place to enable the smooth, efficient running of the business.
- To promote, role model and maintain a high standard of nursing care including the home environment.
- To ensure effective induction of new nursing staff, provide ongoing clinical supervision of trained staff and where applicable mentorship and assessment of student nurses.
- To work within the NMC Code and CQC standards, policies and procedures to ensure legal compliance and best practice guidance.
- Plan, direct and deliver high quality person centred care through the care planning process, championing independence and person choice.
- Oversee all aspects of medicine management, ensuring medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered.
- To monitor the quality of nursing care provided through effective auditing and undertaking of corrective action as required by the Care Home Manager.
- To undertake staff reviews through supervision, annual appraisal and team meetings.
- To evaluate performance of the nursing team ensuring that duties are performed effectively and attitudes and behaviours reflect the NMC Code.
- Take an active role in training the team of nurses, working in conjunction with the Workforce Development team to ensure that staff are kept up to date with current practices and good practice developments.
- Maintain accurate and relevant documentation and reports to reflect practice and planned development.
- To deputise for the Care Home Manager and take responsibility for the management of the building in the absence of the Care Home Manager if requested.
- To ensure provision of emergency treatment for all clients when required by the nursing team.
- Be accountable to the Care Home Manager for all duties and responsibilities through;
- Identifying any areas of concern as soon as possible
- Attendance at Team meetings / supervisions as required
- Excellent Clinical Skills
- Managerial and Leadership experience
- Nursing qualification and current NMC registration
- Strong clinical experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of leading and supervising a team
- Writing, recording and reporting skills
- Relationship and team building skills
- It is essential that you are prepared to take on an active role supporting the operation of a 24hr business.
- Previous experience of working in care setting.
If you would like to apply for this position, just contact Felicia on 07520634021
Or email your current CV to [email protected]