Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Daniel Waters
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Key responsibilities of a Clinical Lead;
- Administer and order medicines as required by the home in accordance with the homes’ policies and procedures.
- Work within the NMC codes of conduct and scope of practice and within the homes’ policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership, guidance and management to nursing staff in line with company policies and procedures
- Provide support and supervision to care staff
- Ensure effective communication with relatives and other healthcare professionals.
- Ensure confidentiality regarding all aspects of care and management of the home is maintained.
- Assessing and responding to clinical risk, and having a good understanding of the regulatory framework.
- Participate in staff supervision, training and development.
Skills and experience:
- Understand care planning processes and have experience of writing care plans.
- Experience of working with residents with various health needs.
- Excellent planning, communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to lead, coach and develop staff.
- A proven ability to both work as part of a team and lead one.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Ability to contribute to, monitor and implement changes that improve service delivery and outcomes for residents.
- Registered Nurse (RGN/RN) with an active NMC PIN
- Level 3 Care Management or equivalent is desirable though an opportunity to undertake this is available.
Full time position
Salary is dependent on experience and can be discussed at interview.
Provide on call cover as required
The successful Clinical Lead (RGN) will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.