Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Peter O’Reilly
Salary: £38000 - £38000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Clinical Nurse Specialist (Part Time)
Hours: Part Time (2 days per week) 8am – 4pm
Salary: Up to £38,000 per annum pro rata
- To provide clinical and psychological support to patients who have a stoma and their families and carers.
- Providing Stoma Care Nursing Service within the community and where appropriate in hospital setting.
- Promoting the Stoma Care Nursing Service and Home Delivery Service of Respond, individual DACs and broader Eakin Company.
- To support patients their families and carers post-surgery by providing home visits and telephone support.
- Comply with NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
- Commercial awareness.
- Provide optimum liaison and co-ordination of care for patients and carer between medical and nursing staff.
- The post holder will have direct clinical involvement in and an extensive knowledge of caring for people with colorectal and inflammatory bowel disease and urological disorders.
- Assessing patients/carers needs and treating as appropriate, including pre-operative assessment for patients due to undergo elective surgery.
- Recognised Stoma Care qualification
- Degree or working towards degree level
- Sound knowledge of principles and practice of Stoma care
- Clear knowledge of the specialist nature and sensitivity required for the role.
- Awareness of current NHS issues & appreciation of the issues surrounding governance & quality initiatives.
- Proven professional development
- A minimum of 3 years post registration surgical /oncology ward experience
- A minimum of 18 months working as a Band 6 level in a surgical setting / stoma care
- Daily lunch at £5
- Car allowance
- 4% pension
- 25 days holiday
Working with Seven Nursing:
Established in 2011, Seven Nursing is a leading provider of nursing professionals to Hospitals, Private Healthcare Organisations and Care Homes. We provide both locum and permanent solutions, working with nurses in band 5, all the way up to band 8D.
Seven Nursing is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of nursing; including General Nursing, CAMHS, Case Management, Intensive Care, Staff Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Nursing. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.