Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Romi Gooden
Salary: £28 - £28
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Nursing is looking for a Clinical Psychologist – Band 8a in the Chester area.
As a Clinical Psychologist you will have to identify problems in patients these may be emotional, mental or behavioural. This will be to work around 3-4 months (possibly longer) on Tier 4 CAMHS inpatient wards, mainly with acute admissions doing psychological assessments and formulations.
- Assess your clients’ needs, abilities or behaviour using a variety of methods, including psychometric tests, interviews and direct observation of their behaviour.
- Devise and monitor appropriate treatment programmes, including therapy, counselling or advice, in collaboration with colleagues.
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team alongside doctors, nurses, social workers, education professionals, health visitors, psychiatrists and occupational therapists.
- Offer therapy and treatments for issues relating to a range of mental health conditions.
- Develop and evaluate service provision for clients.
- Provide consultation to other professions, encouraging a psychological approach in their work.
- Counsel and support carers.
- Carry out applied research, adding to the evidence base of practice in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Qualifications: Doctorate in Clinical Psychology essential.
- Experience: Post-qualification experience of working with children and adolescents preferable but not essential.
Experience in Multi-disciplinary teams. Preferable if trained in DBT.
- Compliance: Up to date DBS, HCPC and NMC registration.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: Part time – 22.5 hours p/w. Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays 9 – 5.
Working with Seven Nursing:
Established in 2011, Seven Nursing is a leading provider of nursing professionals to Hospitals, Private Healthcare Organisations and Care Homes. We provide both locum and permanent solutions, working with nurses in band 5, all the way up to band 8D.
Seven Nursing is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of nursing; including General Nursing, CAMHS, Case Management, Intensive Care, Staff Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Nursing. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.