Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Peter O'Reilly
Salary: £58248 - £58248
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Community Social Care Manager
Guernsey Full Relocation Package
Salary: Up to £58,248 pa
Hours: Permanent / Full Time
To manage and provide leadership for integrated multi-professional teams and other community and extra care housing based colleagues, with direct managerial responsibility for senior team members.
The primary responsibility will be to enable a high-quality person-centred domiciliary care service which provides direct support to service users with a range of needs in the community using evidence based interventions within agreed care pathways
To ensure service user/carer involvement in the development of standards and services.
Manage the team’s resources, budget and staff in compliance with the States of Guernsey’s policies, procedures & guidelines and statutory responsibilities.
Be an integral member of the Community Health & Wellbeing senior leadership team, assisting in the strategic planning, development and delivery of services across the service area.
To maintain compliance with, and develop, policies, procedures and guidelines.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Communicate in a clear and concise manner using tact and persuasive skills where it may be necessary to communicate with service users and other people. Information may be complex and sensitive and the post holder must take action to ensure respect, privacy and dignity of the service user and people in their charge.
- Identifies and evaluates areas for potential service improvement.
- Acts consistently with policy and procedure and other quality approaches promoting the value of quality approaches to others. Alerts staff to the need for quality improvements.
- Interprets equality, diversity and rights in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Assist with and leads the organisation of community services and extra care housing
- In consultation with relevant others, develops clear plans for the recruitment, deployment and management of staff. Monitor the on duty rota for the service, taking into account any cross-cover needs between teams.
Professional health or social care qualification e.g. Nursing, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy
Registered with the relevant professional body
Professional knowledge acquired through degree/diploma supplemented by specialist training or equivalent experience to Master’s level equivalent
- Management or Business qualification
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Good communication skills
- Empathetic and caring nature
- Previous work in a similar team
- Basic keyboard skills
- Current and valid driving licence
- Ability to undertake audit, analyse results and draw conclusions
- Understanding of clinical governance and risk management
- Ability to co-ordinate analyse and summate advice from a range of agencies and professionals
- Uses an evidence based approach
- Experience of working in or managing multi-disciplinary teams
MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP SKILLS
- Demonstrative management skills and experience to empower, lead and motivate others
- Organisation and operational decision making skills understand key elements of service planning, design and commissioning processes
- Management qualification or equivalent experience at a senior level
- Ability to influence and effect change
Successful applicants will be invited to Guernsey to attend an expenses paid panel interview. We offer a competitive salary and you will be entitled to an annual bonus of £1,167 and an additional bonus of £3,000 payable after two and four years of continuous service*.
You will benefit from having your professional subscriptions paid, support with your NMC revalidation, excellent training opportunities up to masters level and free parking across the Island, including all of our Health and Social Care sites. We will also honour your NHS service for the provision of annual leave and sick leave and we offer our staff a generous annual leave quota with 9 bank holidays. There is also the possibility of transferring your NHS pension into our compulsory pension scheme.
Successful candidates will be provided with a Long Term Employment Permit. This permit will allow you to become a permanent resident and will extend to any family members who reside with you.
We offer an attractive relocation package** and, if you rent private accommodation, you will be entitled to a £5,000 lump sum, a rent allowance payable over 2 years and a house purchase grant where applicable. As an alternative, we also offer single subsidised staff accommodation and a £500 lump sum to support your relocation.
Working with Seven Nursing:
Established in 2011, Seven Nursing is a leading provider of nursing professionals to Hospitals, Private Healthcare Organisations and Care Homes. We provide both locum and permanent solutions, working with nurses in band 5, all the way up to band 8D.
Seven Nursing is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of nursing; including General Nursing, CAMHS, Case Management, Intensive Care, Staff Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Nursing. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.