Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Peter O'Reilly
Salary: £38896 - £38896
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Deputy Care Home Manager
Salary: £38,896 pa
Hours: 44 p/w
All Applicants must be NMC qualified and hold an active nursing pin
As the Deputy Home Manager you have responsibility for assisting in the management of a business and a team. As part of the leadership team you will be responsible for ensuring the whole facility operates effectively and of course ensuring we deliver the very best quality care.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure the delivery of quality care – continually assessing our residents’ needs and wishes and developing the service to enhance their quality of life.
- Assist the home manager – deputise in the overall management of the care home as required.
- Positively influence the reputation of the home – communicating professionally and warmly with visitors including family, friends and other external stakeholders.
- Play an active role in ensuring compliance within the home – managing the implementation of company policies and regulatory requirements; striving to achieve the best possible care rating and other external recognition of quality.
- Maintain clinical excellence – role models high standards of nursing care, ensuring legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines are followed.
- Support the financial effectiveness of the home – ensure the home operates within budget through effective use of resources and identify areas to improve efficiency.
- Take on an active leadership role – you will need to be a visible leader in the home supporting the operation of a twenty four hour business.
- Developing your people – oversee the induction of all new employees and participate in the training development of the team.
- People management – play an active part in the recruitment, assessment and supervision of the team.
- Support the manager in disciplinary proceeding as required.
- Reistered with NMC and hold active Pin
- A strong passion and commitment to enhance the specialist services we deliver.
- A positive and flexible attitude and wholly adopt a person centred ethos, exhibiting empathy and a desire to make a difference.
- Be forward thinking and up to date with current practices and have a desire to maintain excellent clinical and industry knowledge.
- Strong leadership and management qualities are essential and previous experience as a deputy home manager would be desirable.
- Deputy Managers are critical to the continued success of the business, working across all aspects of care; the role gives a great opportunity to take managerial and leadership responsibilities whilst continuing to deliver clinical care
- Generous holiday allowance,
- Contributory pension scheme,
- Bespoke development programme
- Employee discount scheme.
- Free parking and uniform where applicable.
Working with Seven Nursing:
Established in 2011, Seven Nursing is a leading provider of nursing professionals to Hospitals, Private Healthcare Organisations and Care Homes. We provide both locum and permanent solutions, working with nurses in band 5, all the way up to band 8D.
Seven Nursing is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of nursing; including General Nursing, CAMHS, Case Management, Intensive Care, Staff Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Nursing. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.