Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Tommy Hill
Salary: £18 - £18
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Deputy Manager Role:
As the Registered Care Home Manager you have responsibility for managing a business and be responsible for ensuring the whole facility operates effectively and of course ensuring we deliver the very best quality care.
The Home Manager does not need to be a registered nurse but should have the minimum of an NVQ level 4 in Health and Social Care or equivalent.
So as a Registered Home Manager what do you need to do to make this happen?
- Ensure the delivery of quality care – continually assessing our residents’ needs and wishes and developing the service to enhance their quality of life.
- Actively ensure the home has the highest possible levels of occupancy – utilising links with the local community, positively marketing the home and increasing public awareness of our services.
- Take on accountability for the home – ensuring compliance with all company policies and regulatory requirements; striving to achieve the best possible care rating and other external recognition of quality.
- Manage the financial effectiveness of the home – maintain the budget of the home and seek to identify opportunities to increase profitability and reduce cost.
- Take on an active leadership role – you will need to be a visible leader in the home supporting the operation of a twenty four hour business.
- Manage every facility in the home – although we are in the care business to deliver this you will manage every service from laundry and maintenance through to catering.
- Developing your people – you will have the opportunity to build your team, by recruiting and developing the right people to grow your business and through supporting their career development.