Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Daniel Waters
Salary: £36000 - £38000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Are you a Registered Mental Health or General Nurse with a proven leadership background?
Do you really want to make a difference to patient care?
Do you have an interest in the delivery and implementation of quality healthcare in a challenging and dynamic area?
Day shifts only (except in emergencies). Paid breaks included.
We have an opportunity for an experienced RMN or RGN to join their team as a Deputy Manager at our Weymouth Care Home where you will play a vital role supporting the Registered Manager in the delivery of exceptional quality, person centred care both to elderly frail residents and those at various stages of dementia.
The ideal candidate will be a strong and dedicated leader, who is passionate about delivering consistently high levels of care. You will need to be a proactive individual, with excellent administration and clinical skills, who will ensure the team delivers excellent person centred care, helping each resident enjoy the highest possible standards of life.
Duties will include:
- Leading by example to ensure consistently high levels of care are maintained
- Promote professional, clinical training & care & support planning within the home to maintain the health, welfare and wellbeing of the residents.
- Manage, maintain and oversee all care plan reviews and medication audits
- Staff supervision and appraisal
- Training of staff
- Delivering hands on care when required
This role would suit someone with previous experience in a care home environment or someone with very strong clinical skills. All new staff are given industry standard induction training, to include health and safety, manual handling and food hygiene and will be actively encouraged to continue their professional development.
The staff benefit scheme also includes: retail discount vouchers, child care vouchers, discounted holidays and travel insurance, various leisure and restaurant vouchers, a hospital plan and much more.
- Have a valid NMC PIN
- Have sound clinical knowledge & strong leadership qualities
- Be prepared to complete an application for a full DBS disclosure
- Have 2 suitable references (professional and/or educational)
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Have a good standard of verbal and written English (or be prepared to further their English skills)
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Good verbal/written communication skills
- Have resilience and stamina.
If you wish to be considered for this position, please contact Daniel Waters on 07520634930, email [email protected], or apply within