Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Regan Behan
Salary: £25 - £30
Job Status: Contract / Full Time
Seven Nursing is looking for a Health Visitor to work within an exceptional NHS Trust in Yorkshire.
You will be helping families to maintain the health of young children. This often involves home visits. They may also work with deprived groups, such as the homeless. Key responsibilities include:
providing health advice and health education programmes
undertaking developmental assessments of babies and children
helping people come to terms with issues such as postnatal depression
establishing and addressing key health needs
referral to and liaison with other relevant organisations
assessing parenting skills and children’s home situations, and offering parents any further support that may be needed
working with other professionals such as social workers, GPs and school nurses
· Meeting the health needs of individuals, families and communities
· Assessing the effectiveness of the current procedures
· Working with GPs, midwives, nursery nurses and community staff nurses to deliver the care needed
· Helping new parents understand childcare issues, such as feeding, sleeping, safety and development
· Setting up health plans with families
· Managing parent and baby clinics
· Getting involved with local community projects, such as preschools and action groups
· Providing support for sensitive issues such as postnatal depression, disability and domestic violence
· Diagnosing and treating minor health conditions
· Supporting and training new health visitors
· Planning and implementing promotional displays for healthcare issues
· Understanding and maintaining all codes and government initiatives
- Qualifications: A BSc (Hons) degree in nursing and (SCPHN – HV)
- Experience: 2+ years working as a Health Visitor in the UK.
- Compliance: Up to date DBS, HCPC and NMC registration.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Nursing:
Established in 2011, Seven Nursing is a leading provider of nursing professionals to Hospitals, Private Healthcare Organisations and Care Homes. We provide both locum and permanent solutions, working with nurses in band 5, all the way up to band 8D.
Seven Nursing is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of nursing; including General Nursing, CAMHS, Case Management, Intensive Care, Staff Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Nursing. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.