Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Peter O'Reilly
Salary: £42715 - £42715
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Integrated Midwife (Band 6)
**GUERNSEY FULL RELOCATION PACKAGE**
SALARY: Band 6 – £31,531 – £38,055 BAR £39,299 – £42,715 per annum
HOURS: Full Time / Permanent
This post is a new role, designed to support the introduction of increased continuity of care within the antenatal and postnatal period for maternity service users. The integrated midwife will undertake a role within both the ward and community services. They will be allocated a number of shifts on the maternity unit, on a weekly basis.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work as a member of the maternity team, delivering midwifery care throughout the pregnancy continuum in the maternity unit or community setting to women and babies.
- Be responsible for the coordination and delivery of maintenance of a high standard of evidence based practice for all families in the community caseload.
- Participate in the on-call rotas for home births and the maternity unit.
- Act as the woman’s advocate in promoting, and delivering the highest standard of midwifery care, ensuring all fundamentals of care are addressed, and current, relevant policies, guidelines and procedures are adhered to.
- Develop flexible and individual models of care, including the provision of a home birth service.
- Completed preceptorship programme
- Experience of practicing midwifery in a full range of clinical settings
- Evidence of contributing to midwifery practice or education and training
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure
- Computer literacy
- Articulate and knowledgeable in current midwifery issues
- Displays an understanding of the change management process
- Knowledge of Clinical Governance and Risk Management
- Effective team worker
- Enthusiastic and motivated, assertive and innovative
- Equality and Diversity awareness
- Current Valid Driving Licence
- Degree in Midwifery Studies
- Development of a community role
- Experience in guideline and policy development
- Examination of the Newborn (NIPE) qualification
- Experience of producing reports and presenting findings to the multi-disciplinary team
Successful applicants will be invited to Guernsey to attend an expenses paid panel interview. We offer a competitive salary and you will be entitled to an annual bonus of £1,167 and an additional bonus of £3,000 payable after two and four years of continuous service*.
You will benefit from having your professional subscriptions paid, support with your NMC revalidation, excellent training opportunities up to masters level and free parking across the Island, including all of our Health and Social Care sites. We will also honour your NHS service for the provision of annual leave and sick leave and we offer our staff a generous annual leave quota with 9 bank holidays. There is also the possibility of transferring your NHS pension into our compulsory pension scheme.
Successful candidates will be provided with a Long Term Employment Permit. This permit will allow you to become a permanent resident and will extend to any family members who reside with you.
We offer an attractive relocation package** and, if you rent private accommodation, you will be entitled to a £5,000 lump sum, a rent allowance payable over 2 years and a house purchase grant where applicable. As an alternative, we also offer single subsidised staff accommodation and a £500 lump sum to support your relocation.