Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Regan Behan
Salary: £35 - £45
Job Status: Contract / Full Time
Seven Nursing is looking for an Advanced Nurse Practitioner to work within an exceptional NHS Trust in the Yorkshire area.
The post holder will demonstrate courageous and critical thinking and is a caring, compassionate and committed experienced nurse who, acting within their professional boundaries, will provide care for the presenting patient from initial history taking, clinical assessment, diagnosis, treatment and evaluation of care. They will demonstrate safe, competent clinical decision-making and expert care, including assessment and diagnostic skills, for patients within the general practice. The post holder will commit to demonstrating critical thinking in the safe clinical decision-making process. They will communicate and work collaboratively with the general practice team to meet the needs of patients, supporting the delivery of policy and procedures, and providing nurse leadership as required.
Key Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate treatment/interventions and care for patients presenting with an undifferentiated diagnosis
- Clinically examine and assess patient needs from a physiological and psychological perspective, and plan
clinical care accordingly
- Assess, diagnosis, plan, implement and evaluate interventions/treatments for patients with complex needs
Proactively identify, diagnose and manage treatment plans for patients at risk of developing a long-term
condition (as appropriate)
- Diagnose and manage both acute and chronic conditions, integrating both drug- and non-drug-based
treatment methods into a management plan
- Prescribe and review medication for therapeutic effectiveness, appropriate to patient needs and in accordance with evidence-based practice and national and practice protocols, and within scope of practice
- Work with patients in order to support compliance with and adherence to prescribed treatments
Provide information and advice on prescribed or over-the-counter medication on medication regimens, side-effects and interactions
- Prioritise health problems and intervene appropriately to assist the patient in complex, urgent or emergency
situations, including initiation of effective emergency care
- Support patients to adopt health promotion strategies that promote healthy lifestyles, and apply principles of self-care
Support and manage health needs of women presenting for family planning, cervical cytology or sexual health consultation
- Assess, identify and refer patients presenting with mental health needs in accordance with the NSF for Mental Health
Implement and participate in vaccination and immunisation programmes for both adults and children
- Advise, support and administer vaccinations for patients travelling abroad, where appropriate
- Promote and deliver evidence-based care for patients presenting with aural conditions
- Meet the needs of patients presenting for opportunistic wound care
- Undertake minor surgery as appropriate to competence
- Registered first level nurse MSc or equivalent
- Relevant nursing/health degree
- Mentor/teaching qualification
- Clinical supervision training and experience
- Extended/independent nurse
- Significant post registration experience
- Recent primary and community nursing experience
- Nurse-led management of minor illness, minor ailments and injuries
- Nurse-led triage
- Compiling protocols and clinical guidelines
- Clinical Leadership
- Nurse prescribing
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w (Full-time).
Working with Seven Nursing:
Established in 2011, Seven Nursing is a leading provider of nursing professionals to Hospitals, Private Healthcare Organisations and Care Homes. We provide both locum and permanent solutions, working with nurses in band 5, all the way up to band 8D.
Seven Nursing is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of nursing; including General Nursing, CAMHS, Case Management, Intensive Care, Staff Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Nursing. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive nursing jobs across the UK, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Nursing’ on Google, or call 0333 200 5424.