Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Regan Behan
Salary: £35 - £45
Job Status: Contract / Full Time
Seven Nursing is looking for a locum Advanced Nurse Practitioner to work within a well established practice in the Edinburgh Area.
The post holder will demonstrate courageous and critical thinking and is a caring, compassionate and committed experienced nurse who, acting within their professional boundaries, will provide care for the presenting patient from initial history taking, clinical assessment, diagnosis, treatment and evaluation of care. They will demonstrate safe, competent clinical decision-making and expert care, including assessment and diagnostic skills, for patients within the general practice. The post holder will commit to demonstrating critical thinking in the safe clinical decision-making process. They will communicate and work collaboratively with the general practice team to meet the needs of patients, supporting the delivery of policy and procedures, and providing nurse leadership as required.
· Advanced clinical practice skills Management of patients with long-term conditions
· Management of patients with complex needs
· Clinical examination skills
· Accountability of own role and other roles in a nurse-led service
· Local and national health policy
· Wider health economy
· Clinical governance issues in primary care
· Patient group directions and associated policy
· Clinical leadership skills
· Communication skills, both written and verbal
· Communication of difficult messages to patients and families
· Negotiation and conflict management skills
· Change management
· Teaching and mentorship clinical setting
· Resource management
· Significant post registration experience
· Recent primary and community nursing experience
· Nurse-led management of minor illness, minor ailments and injuries
· Nurse-led triage
· Compiling protocols and clinical guidelines
· Clinical Leadership
· Nurse prescribing
· Registered first level nurse MSc or equivalent
· Relevant nursing/health degree
· Mentor/teaching qualification
· Clinical supervision training and experience
· Extended/independent nurse
· Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
· Hours: 37.5 hours p/w (Full-time).
Working with Seven Nursing:
Established in 2011, Seven Nursing is a leading provider of nursing professionals to Hospitals, Private Healthcare Organisations and Care Homes. We provide both locum and permanent solutions, working with nurses in band 5, all the way up to band 8D.
Seven Nursing is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of nursing; including General Nursing, CAMHS, Case Management, Intensive Care, Staff Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Nursing. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.