Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Sebastian Bastable-Aradia
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Nursing is looking for a Locum CAMHS Consultant Psychiatrist to work within an exceptional NHS Trust in West London.
The post is a Consultant Psychiatrist post working with children with mental health difficulties in the Neurodevelopmental pathway. This was a substantive post that has been established for many years in the Trust, the previous post-holders are retiring, and this post will have responsibility for children with Neurodevelopmental Conditions and for children with and Intellectual Disability. This post-holder will be professionally accountable to the Medical Director of the Trust and managerially to the Clinical Director of the Directorate.
- The role of ensuring that clinical care provided to the service users is of a high quality and is provided within the Trust’s policy framework.
- The post holder will undertake the necessary clinical administrative duties associated with providing excellent patient care
- The post holder will be an active member of the multidisciplinary team, and therefore attend multidisciplinary team meetings and provide advice and support to the team.
- To support the further transformation of the service and lead on QI projects.
- To ensure all cases are appropriately allocated to professionals within the expertise and skills available in the team.
- To play a role in implementing children and young people’s IAPT.
- To see, assess and treat children and families.
- To actively engage in links with other parts of Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services, Primary Care Services, Social Services and other agencies relevant to the services.
- To have primary responsibility for cases where they have direct face to face contact
- To have shared responsibility for cases on which they collaborate or co-work with other professionals.
- To lead in pathways as indicated.
- Ensure all cases receive an appropriate treatment modality within the existing resources.
- To be available to other professionals when they need to discuss cases.
- Manage an established caseload, including neurodevelopmental cases some of whom are on medication.
- Assess newly allocated cases and formulate appropriate treatment plans in collaboration with colleagues in other disciplines.
- Complete relevant paperwork, including maintaining the electronic record and participating in routine outcome monitoring of clinical work.
- Undertake other duties (as negotiated) which contribute to the good functioning of the clinical team.
- To conduct one audit per year
- Participate in the daytime psychiatry consultant second on call rota. Other clinicians provide the first on call rota.
- Participate in an out of hours consultant on call rota from 5pm-9am and at weekends.
- Full Registration with the General Medical Council UK
- On the General Medical Council Specialist Register or within six months of obtaining a CCT
- Section 12(2) Approval under Mental Health Act and eligible to act as Responsible Clinician for detained patients or eligible
- Membership of a professional indemnity organization
- Engagement with Annual Appraisal
- Experience of Safeguarding Children framework
Working with Seven Nursing:
Established in 2011, Seven Nursing is a leading provider of nursing professionals to Hospitals, Private Healthcare Organisations and Care Homes. We provide both locum and permanent solutions, working with nurses in band 5, all the way up to band 8D.
Seven Nursing is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of nursing; including General Nursing, CAMHS, Case Management, Intensive Care, Staff Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Nursing. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.