Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Regan Behan
Salary: £28 - £32
Job Status: Contract / Full Time
Seven Nursing is looking for a Locum Health Visitor work within an exceptional NHS Trust in the Durham area.
Will work with parents and children to promote the physical, intellectual and social development of pre-school children, particularly those who are disadvantaged, to ensure that they are ready to thrive when they get to school.
· Attend all training sessions, complete work-based activities and keep up to date all documentation to meet Care Certificate requirements.
· Will work with parents and children to promote the physical, intellectual and social development of pre-school children, particularly those who are disadvantaged, to ensure that they are ready to thrive when they get to school.
· Complete a comprehensive assess of the heath needs of clients, families and communities and facilitate the mobilisation of appropriate resources to meet identified needs.
· Hold a caseload of families with pre-school children and be responsible for effective caseload / workload management, providing specialist evidence-based advice, information and support to the population served, team members and relevant agencies.
· Deliver the Healthy Child Programme and Health Visitor Pathway of Care for all pre-school children and their families.
· Analyse complex and multiple family needs e.g. child protection.
· Follow, at all times, the Local Safeguarding Children Board’s guidance.
· Take a lead role in the training of learners and facilitate groups.
· Caseload, workload and community profiling skills and the analysis of data collected are essential to provide an effective equitable service to families/carers and the community.
· Develop and deliver a range of group work programmes to meet the specific needs of children, families and communities.
· Have the ability to work in partnership with clients and client groups to assess, plan, implement and evaluate individuals, families and group health care e.g. Health Promotion and health teaching on an individual and group basis.
· Ensure efficient use of resources to manage the caseload effectively, appreciating the needs of the patients/clients, communities, families and the service.
· Demonstrate up-to-date research-based, clinically effective practice, ensuring awareness of current legislation, education and audit. Take responsibility for personal development and education and the development of a Personal Development Plan.
· Ensure accurate records are maintained in the Health Visiting team, in accordance with NMC standards.
- Qualifications: A BSc (Hons) degree in nursing & SCPHN Qualification (HV/SN)
- Experience: 2+ years working as a Health Visitor Or School Nurse in the UK.
- Compliance: Up to date DBS, HCPC and NMC registration.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
- Teaching and CPD programmes.
- Financial support for further training and personal development.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Free life insurance Subsidised meals on duty.
- Health Cash Plan.
Working with Seven Nursing:
Established in 2011, Seven Nursing is a leading provider of nursing professionals to Hospitals, Private Healthcare Organisations and Care Homes. We provide both locum and permanent solutions, working with nurses in band 5, all the way up to band 8D.
Seven Nursing is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of nursing; including General Nursing, CAMHS, Case Management, Intensive Care, Staff Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Nursing. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.