Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Regan Behan
Salary: £28 - £38
Job Status: Contract / Full Time
Seven Nursing is looking for a Locum Safeguarding Nurse Advisor to work within an exceptional Early Help and Local Area Teams based in North Yorkshire for a 6 month period.
The post holder will provide advice and support to health professionals relating to the safeguarding of children and young people, working collaboratively with partner agencies within Children’s Social Care to ensure robust, high quality and timely communication, referrals and effective practice to safeguard children.
- To provide advice and support to practitioners who have concerns about the welfare of a child or young person, working collaboratively with partner organisations to ensure robust and timely communication and effective practice to safeguard children and young people
- To support the Lead Nurse for Safeguarding to quality assure and improve the quality of safeguarding referrals into the Referral and Assessment Service and practice within the Healthy Child Service
- To support the auditing and development of good quality record keeping within the service.
- To support the Lead Nurse for Safeguarding to work with the Healthy Child Service and wider health partners to improve the quality and engagement with safeguarding processes such as single assessments and core groups.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Registered Nurse on part 1 of the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) register
- Hold part 3 NMC registration (Specialist Community Public Health Nurse), as a Health Visitor, with 2 years post qualifying experience
- Qualification in teaching or ability to demonstrate equivalent experience
- Safeguarding supervisor experience
- Experience of clinical audit
- Proficient in use of IT
- Ability to produce clear written reports and deliver effectively to a wide audience
- Ability to undertake Risk Assessment
- Ability to confidently challenge practice, support colleagues and offer practical and safe solutions
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Information Governance, professional record keeping requirements, confidentiality and consent
- Can demonstrate up to date knowledge, skills and competencies within the multi-agency safeguarding arena
- Child focussed
- Self-motivated, proactive and innovative
- Strong commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Nursing:
Established in 2011, Seven Nursing is a leading provider of nursing professionals to Hospitals, Private Healthcare Organisations and Care Homes. We provide both locum and permanent solutions, working with nurses in band 5, all the way up to band 8D.
Seven Nursing is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of nursing; including General Nursing, CAMHS, Case Management, Intensive Care, Staff Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Nursing. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.