Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Lauren Bishop
Salary: £25328 - £32780
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Midwife (Preceptee) – Up to £32,780 per annum, plus Bonus’ & Benefits – Full Time – Guernsey
- Guernsey is a beautiful island located south of England, and off the northwest coast of France. There are plenty of reasons to consider relocating for a permanent job in Guernsey, not least the better weather!
- The Island’s coastline of cliffs, beaches and harbour ports combines with its French influence to provide a relaxed lifestyle in the most beautiful of settings.
- For most visitors, the island’s coast is its greatest draw. There are 27 very different bays to choose from – some with long and popular stretches of sand, others hidden coves which rarely attract tourists. The beautiful south coast is lined with stunning cliffs best explored on foot.
- The generous Relocation Package offered includes; house hunting visit; removal expenses; assistance with the cost of inbound travel; rental allowance; a house purchase grant. Interview travel is also covered, and all is in addition to very competitive pay and an Annual Bonus, and extra two and four year bonus.
- The Band 5 Midwife to work as a member of the ward/department team, delivering midwifery care throughout the pregnancy continuum in the maternity unit or community setting to women and babies. They will participate in the on call rotas for home births and the maternity unit.
- Act as the woman’s advocate in promoting, and delivering the highest standard of midwifery care, ensuring all fundamentals of care are addressed, and current, relevant policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Using evidence-based practice, assess the woman’s physical, psychological and spiritual needs, plan, implement and evaluate midwifery care involving the woman and her family, as appropriate.
- Write reports, record observations and maintain plans of care, including electronic data storage; and other appropriate records, accurately, legibly, concisely and contemporaneously.
- Ensure midwifery care is flexible to meet the diverse needs of women.
- Within 24 months it is expected that the newly qualified midwife will complete all the aspects of the preceptorship package.
- Registered Midwife
- Evidence of recent professional development
- Good interpersonal skills
- Punctual and reliable
- Car Driver
- Good attendance record
- Suitability to work with children and adults
If you are ready for a change of scenery, and a new and exciting challenge and experience, please apply for this job today. Alternatively, we are offering £350 for successful referrals.