Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Regan Behan
Salary: £28 - £32
Job Status: Contract / Full Time
Seven Nursing is looking for a Band 6 Occupational Health Nurse to work within an exceptional client in the Renfrewshire area.
To work as an autonomous practitioner, managing own work as a specialist within Occupational Health & Wellbeing. To undertake Occupational Health screening, provide specialist services in sickness absence management and provide advisory services for staff, managers and customers of clients. Maintain and develop employee health, in accordance with the health and wellbeing agenda.
- To undertake Specialist Occupational Health activities for South Tees Hospitals and external contracts in accordance with the Trust Policies and Occupational Health procedures / protocols.
- To provide specialist advice to staff and their line managers during periods of ill health and / or sickness absence, along with detailed medical reports summarising recommendations in accordance with best practice and the Equality Act.
- To work within NMC directives always i.e. Code of Professional Conduct, Record Keeping, Scope of Professional Practice, and Administration of Medicines.
- To undertake health screening and Occupational Health Specialist advisory services as required by the department.
- To function autonomously to manage own caseload of patients within a multidisciplinary team while developing specialist programmes of care.
- To assess and refer employees for further treatment i.e. physiotherapy, staff counselling.
- To identify, implement and maintain health surveillance programmes and undertake screening for employees based on risk.
- To develop and conduct health promotion programmes in accordance with the healthy workforce agenda and other initiatives.
- To assist with the development of clinical protocols, patient group directives and maintaining a clinics service that is evidence based.
- To work at all times according to regulations and to the most current guidance relating to governance and ethics in each Trust.
- To undertake regular clinical audits for service area and produced detailed lessons learnt action plans / feedback to the department.
- Qualifications: NMC Level One Registration / A relevant OH diploma / degree
- Experience: Substantial work experience in an Occupational Health Department. Experience in the provision of sickness absence case management and production of management reports. Competent in using Microsoft Office software for storing / Retrieving data. Competent in using COHORT IT system for Occupational Health
- Compliance: Up to date DBS, HCPC and NMC registration.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Nursing:
Established in 2011, Seven Nursing is a leading provider of nursing professionals to Hospitals, Private Healthcare Organisations and Care Homes. We provide both locum and permanent solutions, working with nurses in band 5, all the way up to band 8D.
Seven Nursing is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of nursing; including General Nursing, CAMHS, Case Management, Intensive Care, Staff Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Nursing. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.