Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Sophie Wood
Salary: £15 - £18
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Nursing is looking for a an experienced Occupational Health Practice Nurse to work for a client outside the Sunderland area.
The postholder will be responsible for undertaking the delivery of the occupational health services/activities, such as pre-employment health screening, statutory health surveillance, occupational vaccinations and immunisations, infection control, vision screening as required under DSE regulations, and health promotion.
- Preferably with experience in the delivery of Occupational Health activities; however, this is not essential.
- Evidence of ongoing professional development and to regularly audit own practice and maintain skill levels as required for the post.
- Practical experience of emergency procedures such as resuscitation and other first aid procedures.
- Must have access to a means to be mobile to work at other locations if required We are looking to recruit an NMC registered nurse, preferably with experience in the delivery of occupational health activities; however, this is not essential, for a short term to cover staff absence whilst we recruit for a permanent post.
- We require the nurse to work towards a “paperlite” environment and undertake all associated clinical paperwork and computer data entry; therefore, to be able to work with Microsoft Office packages such as Outlook, Word and Excel, and some Occupational Health Software such as Audibase for Audiometry assessments.
- You will work with a team within a small multi-disciplinary Occupational Health Unit, as well as independently.
- You will be working in a busy and pressurised Occupational Health team.
- You will be expected to work and communicate effectively in the team. An element of clinical supervision will be offered.
- You will be expected to work with the team to manage the clinical diary so that services are delivered to meet the needs of the business, working across a range of clinical areas.
- You will work in a rapidly changing and developing environment with a national imperative to continuously improve productivity.
- You will assist in clinical audit and the setting and monitoring of standards. This includes participating in evidence-based practice.
- There will be opportunities for professional development and to develop and enhance skills. This may include teaching and appropriately supervising and delegating to others in the Occupational Health clinical setting or sharing of skills.
Qualifications: Registered Nurse/Registered General Nurse (Adult)
Compliance: Up to date DBS and NMC registration.
Hours: Full time. 37.5 hours
Working with Seven Nursing:
Established in 2011, Seven Nursing is a leading provider of nursing professionals to Hospitals, Private Healthcare Organisations and Care Homes. We provide both locum and permanent solutions, working with nurses in band 5, all the way up to band 8D.
Seven Nursing is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of nursing; including General Nursing, Mental Health, CAMHS, Case Management, Intensive Care, Staff Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Nursing. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.