Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Regan Behan
Salary: £22 - £28
Job Status: Contract / Full Time
Seven Nursing is looking for a Band 6 Practice Nurse to work within an exceptional NHS Trust in Middlesbrough.
The post holder is responsible for the delivery of basic practice nursing services care to the practice population. Supported by senior nurses within the practice, they will deliver care within the boundaries of their role, focusing upon supporting patients to be healthy, monitoring of long-term conditions, health prevention and screening activities. They will work collaboratively with the general practice team to meet the needs of patients, supporting the delivery of policy and procedures, and providing nurse leadership as required.
· patient consultations within surgeries or health centres
· carrying out physical examinations, investigatory procedures and cervical smear and pregnancy tests
· diagnosing and treating illnesses and ailments
· providing advice about contraception and fitting contraceptive devices
· treating wounds
· applying and removing dressings
· providing emergency first aid and treatment
· giving advice, education and information about health conditions and ailments, stopping smoking and losing weight
· taking patient samples, swabs and specimens, and checking pulses, temperatures and blood pressures
· administering immunisations, vaccinations (for example for influenza) and infant injections
· running well woman and man clinics and clinics for specific ailments such as diabetes and asthma
· liaising with other health care professionals, practice nurses, GPs and/or hospitals
· writing records and keeping patients’ notes up to date
- Qualifications: A BSc (Hons) degree in Adult or Child nursing.
- Experience: 2+ years working as an RMN/RGN within the UK.
- Compliance: Up to date DBS, HCPC and NMC registration.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
- Teaching and CPD programmes.
- Financial support for further training and personal development.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Free life insurance Subsidised meals on duty.
- Health Cash Plan.
Working with Seven Nursing:
Established in 2011, Seven Nursing is a leading provider of nursing professionals to Hospitals, Private Healthcare Organisations and Care Homes. We provide both locum and permanent solutions, working with nurses in band 5, all the way up to band 8D.
Seven Nursing is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of nursing; including General Nursing, CAMHS, Case Management, Intensive Care, Staff Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Nursing. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.