Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Regan Behan
Salary: £24 - £29
Job Status: Contract / Full Time
Seven Nursing is looking for a Band 5 Practice Nurse to work within an exceptional NHS Trust in the Leeds area.
Responsible for attending to patients who wish to be seen by a health care professional; diagnosing and treating patients presenting with minor illness seeing and advising people in respect of their continuing medical and nursing needs. These patients will have booked appointments at ten-minute intervals. There is a requirement to see extra or emergency patients. The nurse practitioner will need to prioritise and triage the needs of patients accordingly making any necessary referrals for investigations in the appropriate manner. Patients with problems needing referral to secondary care should be discussed with the registered GP before making such referral.
· Triage and treat patients wishing to see a health care professional making any necessary referrals to other members of the primary health care team
· Ensure clinical practice is safe and effective and remains within boundaries of competence and to acknowledge limitations.
· Advise patients on general health care and minor ailments with referral to other members of the primary and secondary health care team as necessary
· Chronic Disease Management
· Cervical Smear Tests
· Dietary advice
· Blood pressure checks
· Health screening
· Ear Care
· Routine injections
· Minor injuries
· Routine immunisations and vaccinations
· Removal of sutures / clips
· Baby immunisations
· Assisting with the fitting of IUCD / IUS
· Assisting with minor procedures in the treatment room
· Organise and coordinate the provision of nursing services for the practice to include the delegation of duties to other members of the practice nurse team as appropriate
· Provide general and specific health screenings to the practice patients (within agreed protocols) with referral to other members of the primary and secondary health care team as necessary
· Participate in the administrative and professional responsibilities of the practice team
· Ensure accurate and legible notes of all consultations and treatments are recorded in the patients notes
· Ensure the clinical computer system is kept up to date with accurate details recorded and amended
· Ensure appropriate items of service claims are made accurately, reporting any problems to the practice administrator
· Ensure accurate completion of all necessary documentation associated with patient health care and registration with the practice
· Ensure collection and maintenance of statistical information required for regular and ad hoc reports and audit
· Attend and participate in practice meetings as required
· Restocking and maintenance of clinical areas and consulting rooms
· Management of the theatre and recovery suite for minor operations including maintenance of equipment and stock, adequate staffing and ensuring appropriate items of service claims are made
· To assist the doctor to carry out minor operations as required.
· Report any problems to the practice manager
- Qualifications: A BSc (Hons) degree in nursing.
- Experience: 2+ years working as an RMN/RGN within the UK.
- Compliance: Up to date DBS, HCPC and NMC registration.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
- Teaching and CPD programmes.
- Financial support for further training and personal development.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Free life insurance Subsidised meals on duty.
- Health Cash Plan.
Working with Seven Nursing:
Established in 2011, Seven Nursing is a leading provider of nursing professionals to Hospitals, Private Healthcare Organisations and Care Homes. We provide both locum and permanent solutions, working with nurses in band 5, all the way up to band 8D.
Seven Nursing is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of nursing; including General Nursing, CAMHS, Case Management, Intensive Care, Staff Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Nursing. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.