Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Peter O'Reilly
Salary: £34196.34 - £34196.34
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Registered General Nurse (RGN)
Salary: £34,196.34 pa
Hours: Full Time
Great Registered General Nurses (RGNs) are essential to the smooth running of our Healthcare department within the establishment. They have an important role to play in supporting residents with their ongoing medical care.
What makes a great prison RGN?
We are looking for people who will be a natural fit for the job.
Are you the sort of person who:
- Is reliable?
- Is forward thinking with a holistic approach to care?
- Always treats others fairly and with respect?
- Are you able to give continuity of care without judgement?
- Is quick to notice things, such as changes in peoples condition or when something isn’t quite right?
- Can easily connect and talk to all sorts of people from different backgrounds on their level?
- Keeps calm under pressure?
- To take responsibility for the assessment of individuals with healthcare needs including the development and implementation of care plans for all individuals as required.
- To develop confidence and competence to manage emergency response duties.
- To ensure medication is administered/dispensed as prescribed and in accordance with Medicines Management procedures.
- To competently carry out general nurse clinics and work with GP’s to ensure appropriate care.
- Refer patients appropriately to other disciplines with their consent.
- Comply with regulations in respect of the storage and administration of drugs in accordance with the Misuse of Drugs Act. (1973).
- Ensure Justice Services and NMC policies and guidelines are adhered to
- RGN – Registered General Nurse
- Up to date NMC registration
- Experience as a Band 5 equivalent nurse
- Open to working within a secure/custodial environment.
- Desire to undertake further training as appropriate
- Motivated and innovative
- Previous experience of working in a prison environment is not essential as the prison will provide supervision and training.
- Excellent salary £34,196.34
- 25 days holiday plus 8 days bank holidays, this increases to 28 days plus 8 days bank holiday after 3 years of service. There is also the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days holiday.
- Maternity Pay – 12 weeks full pay reducing to 12 weeks half pay and bonus after 5 years service of 4 weeks pay.
- Sick pay Full pay for 4 weeks from 3 months service increasing with service length to full pay for 12 weeks with over 5 years service.
- Free on-site parking and free meals while on duty
- Long service award
- Free learning and development
- Childcare vouchers
- Access to Sodexo Discounts – wide range of Holiday, travel and retail discounts
- Support in contributing ½ towards NMC fee’s
- Shift work – 12.5 hour shifts a day or nights every 3rd weekend
- Subsidised gym membership
Working with Seven Nursing:
Established in 2011, Seven Nursing is a leading provider of nursing professionals to Hospitals, Private Healthcare Organisations and Care Homes. We provide both locum and permanent solutions, working with nurses in band 5, all the way up to band 8D.
Seven Nursing is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of nursing; including General Nursing, CAMHS, Case Management, Intensive Care, Staff Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Nursing. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.