Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Michele Dawson
Salary: £32000 - £32000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Nursing is looking for a Registered Mental Nurse or a Registered Learning Disabilities Nurse in a private setting in the Manchester area.
You will be working closely with people who are suffering from various mental health conditions and learning disabilities to help them recover from their illness and improve their general quality of life. This role includes assessing patients, providing care/support, developing risk assessments, administering medication, manging patient documents and all other general nursing duties.
- Supervise Nurses and Support Workers and ensure care and associated duties are allocated effectively and within team members’ competence.
- Ensure that all staff in your team have the opportunity to participate fully in supervision.
- Ensure that salient issues are addressed and that comprehensive monitoring and documentation is in place at all times.
- Monitor staff rotas to ensure effective staffing on shifts informing the Head of Care of any shortfalls or issues that may affect patient care and safety.
- Be responsible for the co-ordination, assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of individual Patient programmes of care.
- A focus on risk assessment and risk management strategies, ensuring that the requirements of the Care Programme Approach are met in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all Staff contribute and are accountable for the efficient running of the Hospital and the creation of an atmosphere conducive to the best interests of the Patients.
- Duties may include acting up for the Head of Care and/or the Hospital Manager in their absence.
- Qualifications: A registered Mental Nurse or a Registered Nurse in Learning disabilities with a current pin registration.
- Experience: Knowledge of the Mental Health Act, understanding of the latest nursing practices and have an understanding of the Mental Capacity Act.
- Compliance: Proof to live and work in the UK and up-to-date DBS.
- Travel: The ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
- RCNI Membership
- Regular reflective practice, support with revalidation and CPD opportunities.
- Expert clinical supervision and peer support.
- Free meals on duty.
- Opportunity to undertake further learning with an excellent apprenticeship scheme.
Working with Seven Nursing:
Established in 2011, Seven Nursing is a leading provider of nursing professionals to Hospitals, Private Healthcare Organisations and Care Homes. We provide both locum and permanent solutions, working with nurses in band 5, all the way up to band 8D.
Seven Nursing is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of nursing; including General Nursing, CAMHS, Case Management, Intensive Care, Staff Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Nursing. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.