Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Felicia Dix
Salary: £31000 - £33000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Nursing is looking for a Band 5 Registered General Nurse to work in a specialist nursing facility dedicated to caring for disabled people in York.
You will be responsible and accountable for providing the highest standards of nursing, clinical and personal support whilst promoting independence and choice to your patients.
You will directly lead and supervise a team of support staff to ensure smooth and efficient management of the shift.
You will assess, prioritise, plan, delegate and monitor the work activities of the support team.
· To be accountable for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating person centred plans for patients.
· To be responsible for managing a team of support staff including daily formal supervision, as required.
· To provide and maintain a high quality, efficient service delivery which promotes the independence of patients.
· To monitor team work areas and work practices to ensure safety and relevant legislation, policies, standards and guidance are followed and met.
· To be responsible for the ordering, safe storage and administration of medicines.
· To cover on-call for the service on a rota basis where required to do so.
· To maintain confidentiality and professional boundaries
· To comply with Health and safety policies and procedures.
· Maintain an awareness of individual patients risk assessments relating to specific support needs, for example, dysphagia, mobility and safety.
· To undertake any other reasonable duties as required.
· Qualifications: Registered Nurse qualification
· Experience: Thorough and up to date knowledge of nursing theory and best practice of a qualified nurse Band 5
· Compliance: Up to date DBS and NMC registration
· Travel: Clean UK driving license or the ability to travel independently to and from work
· Hours: 37.5 hours p/w
· Fair and competitive pay rates.
· Contributory company pension scheme with competitive life cover benefit.
· Substantial and flexible annual leave, with the option to buy or sell, depending on needs (salary sacrifice).
· Access to cash health plan at very favourable rates.
· Access to cycle-to-work benefits (salary sacrifice).
· Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme.
Working with Seven Nursing:
Established in 2011, Seven Nursing is a leading provider of nursing professionals to Hospitals, Private Healthcare Organisations and Care Homes. We provide both locum and permanent solutions, working with nurses in band 5, all the way up to band 8D.
Seven Nursing is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of nursing; including General Nursing, Mental Health, Advanced Nurse Practitioner and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Nursing. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive nursing jobs across the UK, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Nursing’ on Google, or call 0333 200 5424.