Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Sophie Wood
Salary: £17 - £18.5
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Nursing is looking for a an experienced Nurse to work within a fantastic private client outside the Penzance area.
Full time, part time and occasional hours available
As a Nurse with our client you’ll be responsible and accountable for providing the highest standards of nursing, clinical and personal support, while promoting independence and choice to our customers. Leading a team of support staff you will ensure the smooth and efficient management of the shift, prioritising, planning and delegating activities for the support team.
- To be accountable for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating person centred plans for customers, consulting with and involving the customer, as well as relevant others (e.g. family, support staff, health and social care professionals) where appropriate.
- To be responsible for managing a team of support staff including daily & formal supervision, as required.
- To provide and maintain a high quality, efficient service delivery which promotes customer independence by leading through example.
- To monitor team work areas and work practices to ensure safety and relevant legislation, policies, standards and guidance are followed and met.
- To contribute to the ongoing assessment of customers, including assessment of new customers, observing any change in their health & well-being and ensuring this is managed and recorded in an appropriate & timely way.
- To be responsible for nursing support, ensuring that customers nursing needs are recorded to a high professional standard and to record all information in accordance with LC procedures & NMC guidelines.
- To be responsible for the ordering, safe storage and administration of medicines.
- support customers with their physical care, personal hygiene needs and daily life tasks & skills as required by their person-centred plan (PCP), ensuring that their independence is preserved and developed as far as possible and affording appropriate levels of privacy and dignity.
– To participate in the training and development of support staff in undertaking care tasks and oversee support staff undertaking delegated nursing tasks.
– To assist in the assessment and monitoring of wider staffing requirements, reporting problems to the relevant manager.
– To be ‘Nurse in Charge’ in on their respective shift their absence and be accountable for service provision in line with respective legislative framework of the service.
– To work in partnership with others including colleagues in other teams at the service, as well as liaising with external health and social care professionals.
– To support & facilitate customer communication with their relatives, friends, professionals and other members of staff, in order to ensure the continuity of quality and safety in the provision of support.
– To cover on-call for the service on a rota basis where required to do so.
– To be responsible for developing and sustaining own continuing professional development (knowledge, clinical skills and professional awareness) in line with the NMC revalidation and LC processes.
– To maintain confidentiality and professional boundaries.
– To comply with all health and safety policies and procedures.
– To comply with LC and any local safeguarding & mental capacity act (MCA) policies and procedures.
– To work within the regulatory compliance requirements applicable at the respective service.
– To maintain an awareness of individual customer risk assessments relating to specific support needs, for example, dysphagia, mobility & safety.
– To participate in supervision, staff meetings and training activities (including updates), sometimes off site and outside of normal hours, as required.
– To undertake additional responsibilities as requested by the Service Manager following the successful completion of specific training and personal skills development.
– To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested.
Qualifications: Thorough and up-to-date knowledge of nursing theory and best practice at the level of a qualified nurse (level 5), being able to demonstrate effective nursing practice in all basic registered nurse procedures.
Experience: To be able to demonstrate relevant post qualification learning would be advantageous.
- Understanding of the NMC code of conduct and relevant practice standards and guidance.
- Any other level of professional development & registration as indicated by purchaser, regulator or LC dependant on location.
- To have a thorough understanding of assessing clinical and personal support needs and how to write and review comprehensive personalised support plans to include risk assessment.
- To have a first aid qualification would be advantageous.
- To have experience of providing direct personal and social support (to have prior experience of working with people who have physical and/or learning disabilities would be advantageous).
- To have experience of supervising a team of staff would be advantageous.
- To be able to work flexibly within rostered hours and participate in the oncall rota as required.
- To demonstrate a commitment to the client’s ethos and values.
Compliance: Up to date DBS and NMC registration. ALL MANDATORY TRAINING AND PMVA TRAINED.
Early shifts – 7.30am to 2.30/3pm
Late shifts – 2.30/3pm to 8pm
Nights – 7.45pm to 7.45am
Working with Seven Nursing:
Established in 2011, Seven Nursing is a leading provider of nursing professionals to Hospitals, Private Healthcare Organisations and Care Homes. We provide both locum and permanent solutions, working with nurses in band 5, all the way up to band 8D.
Seven Nursing is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of nursing; including General Nursing, Mental Health, CAMHS, Case Management, Intensive Care, Staff Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Nursing. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.