Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Daniel Waters
Salary: £36036 - £38220
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
This is a 20 bed rehabilitation service providing assessment, treatment and rehabilitation for women with personality disorder and complex needs. We aspire to be a centre of excellence in the provision of high quality, holistic, person-centered rehabilitative care and specialised treatment for women with a diagnosis of personality disorder, complex mental health needs and/or challenging behaviour. Our ultimate goal is to assist each of the women in our care to achieve meaningful and sustainable positive change enabling them to gain greater independence, long-term mental wellbeing and successful reintegration to their community. Our dedicated clinical teams provide a multi-disciplinary approach to rehabilitation.
In this role you will:
Manage the service and resources effectively, taking steps to ensure that appropriate staffing levels and skill mix of nursing experience and skills is in place including effective rota management, annual leave and training arrangements.
• Ensures that all members of the nursing team receive clinical supervision, appraisal, CPD requirements and complete mandatory training.
• Visible role model, mentor and leader, creating a culture that promotes learning, development, inquiry and professionalism.
• Ensures Patient and family involvement (where appropriate) in evidence based care planning and risk assessment.
• Actively contribute to the recruitment and retention of staff to the service and hospital.
• Ensures that clinical communication, records, handovers, reports and other patient related information is conveyed and recorded promptly and accurately.
• Makes sure that the physical healthcare needs of patients are assessed and managed effectively, alongside their mental health and psychological needs equally.
• Undertakes and completes clinical investigations and complaints and also HR investigations, ensuring these are completed thoroughly, promptly and to a high standard.
• Ensures that the legislative frameworks regarding the Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act and
• Is responsible for Medicines Management at the Service, and ensures that all Registered Nurses undergo competency based assessments as part of their induction and facilitates an open and transparent framework for managing medicine errors.
• Ensures that Incident reporting is completed promptly and takes corrective action where required, engaging colleagues in the process, where appropriate.
• Leads Team reviews of incidents; makes sure that staff receive incident debriefs in a timely way.
• Engages with other members of the Service MDT, to facilitate positive and efficient MDT working
We’re looking for people who:
• Are a NMC Registered Mental Nurse/Registered Nurse Learning Disability (current pin)
• Have acute, rehabilitation, forensic and/or secure psychiatry experience
• Have evidence of functioning in a supervisory role as a clinician in a similar setting within a multi-disciplinary team.
• Willingness to complete further clinical, managerial and leadership training and development relevant to your area of practice in management and leadership.
• IT Skills
In return we’ll offer you:
• RCNi membership
• Monthly reflective practice, support with revalidation & CPD opportunities
• Expert clinical supervision & peer support
• A high quality work environment
• Career development opportunities with available exposure to other services lines within the Hospital
Free meals & free parking onsite
If you wish to be considered for this role please email Daniel Waters on [email protected], call 07520634930, or apply with an up to date CV