Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Daniel Waters
Salary: £30453 - £37800
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Are you a Registered Mental Health or Learning Disability Nurse?
Do you really want to make a difference to patient care?
Do you have an interest in the delivery and implementation of quality healthcare in a challenging and dynamic area?
Our low secure unit helps men with an Autistic Spectrum Disorder and our Diagnostic Assessment Clinic enables staff to provide targeted treatments. The rehabilitation ward supports those stepping down from more secure care facilities.
In this role you will:
• Be responsible for the co-ordination, assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of individual patient programs of care with a focus on risk assessment / management strategies, ensuring that the requirements of the Care Program Approach are met in a timely manner
• Report any ill health amongst patients and make requests for R.M.O/GP/Professional visits where necessary
• Support empowerment of patients having regard for their dignity rights whilst maintaining professional responsibility for individuals in our care
• Ensure that individual care plans are completed and maintained in conjunction with Patient, Relatives and other Health Care Professionals, and in accordance with NMC guidelines
• Administer prescribed medicines with Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines.
We are looking for people who:
• Are newly Qualified or an Experienced RMN / RNLD with a current Pin Number
• Have experience working with an adult mental health client group
• Have knowledge of the Mental Health Act 1983, an understanding of latest nursing practices and are able to deputise in a clinical lead role
• Have the capacity to maintain documentation and undertake audits
Compassionate and focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage and reduce risk whilst helping to empower and support service user independence
If you wish to be considered for this role please email Daniel Waters on [email protected], call 07520634930, or apply with an up to date CV