Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Peter O'Reilly
Salary: £34169 - £34169
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Registered Learning Disabilities Nurse – RNLD (Preceptors welcome)
Salary: £25,304(Preceptorship) to £34,169 Per Annum
Hours: 37.5 per week
The role of the Registered Learning Disabilities Staff Nurse is to work as an effective member of the MultiDisciplinary team. Promote the best interests of the clients and carers and ensure that prescribed nursing care is effectively implemented. Responsible for maintaining a safe care environment. Exercise professional accountability and responsibility using professional skills, knowledge and expertise in changing environments and work within the scope of professional practice.
- Deliver prescribed care to a defined group within an agreed framework.
- Assess, plan and deliver, with the patient and their carer/family, nursing care which takes account of patient choice and wishes and acting as the patients named nurse.
- Accurately observe and engage with patients in order to assess their need and evaluate their progress.
- Monitor and review Nursing Care plans.
- Evaluate and respond to changes in patients condition and needs.
- Deal proactively and effectively with suggestions and complaints from patients and their families / carers.
- Contribute to a team approach to patient care in conjunction with all members of the Multi-Disciplinary team
- Qualified Registered Learning Disabilities Nurse (RNLD), with 6-12 months post registration experience with active NMC Registration and completed preceptorship programme.
- Knowledge of NMC guidelines, requests and professional practices.
- Evidence of post registration continuing professional development.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and commitment to change, improvement and quality.
- Ability to develop and use flexible and innovative approaches to practise.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 bank holidays increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays with length of service
- Extra Service Annual leave awards
- Career development – progress across the Staff Nurse grading is via a distinct career path
- An employee assistance programme
- Free meals/refreshments when on duty
- Free car parking
- Flexible Benefits Packages
- NMC Payment in full
- Sign on bonus – £1500 Welcome to Priory – either a sign on bonus or an e-voucher code for the Priory Benefits portal to be redeemed on various items including discounted shopping, red letter days, gym membership etc
- Relocation support (including payment for accommodation or moving costs), paid as a lump sum
- Moving less than 100 miles up to £2,000
- If more than 100 miles up to £4,000
- To be repaid if individual does not complete probation & leaves
- Payment into the pension scheme
- CPD top up
- Donation to a charity of their choice
Working with Seven Nursing:
Established in 2011, Seven Nursing is a leading provider of nursing professionals to Hospitals, Private Healthcare Organisations and Care Homes. We provide both locum and permanent solutions, working with nurses in band 5, all the way up to band 8D.
Seven Nursing is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of nursing; including General Nursing, CAMHS, Case Management, Intensive Care, Staff Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Nursing. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.