Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Peter O'Reilly
Salary: £25000 - £25000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
School/College Nurse (RN/RSCN/RNLD/RMN)
Hours: 40 per week (term time only)
- To work alongside the other members of the medical team to develop the health service at St John’s across the care and education settings..
- To provide medical support and advice for learners with ongoing medical and mental health conditions, including liaison with social services, medical professionals, parents/carers and other agencies.
- To deliver training to staff within the organisation surrounding the safe management of medical conditions and the administration of emergency medication.
- To deliver training to staff in safe storage and administration of medication.
- Provide health promotion for the learners.
- To ensure the safe storage and administration of medications to learners in care and education, and document the evidence of administration as approved by the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
- To be responsible for dispensing weekly medication for the residential learners and prescriptions and holiday medication.
- To give first aid to pupils for injuries and accidents. To attend to Minor Illnesses and where appropriate refer to GP or emergency services or to advice on exclusion of a learner until recovered. To ensure that all relevant documentation is completed.
- Liaise with relevant specialists and other health care professionals regarding the medical needs of the learners.
- Complete health assessments of the learners as required and maintain up to date documentation.
- RN/RSCN/RNLD/RMN Current registration with NMC
- Get along with colleagues
- Function as a team player
- Accept constructive criticism from their line managers
- Follow set work rules, procedures and practices
- Lead by example and be a role model and positive motivator
- Free Healthcare Cash Plan
- Bike to work Scheme
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Health & Fitness Discounted Sessions
- Continuous Training and Development
Working with Seven Nursing:
Established in 2011, Seven Nursing is a leading provider of nursing professionals to Hospitals, Private Healthcare Organisations and Care Homes. We provide both locum and permanent solutions, working with nurses in band 5, all the way up to band 8D.
Seven Nursing is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of nursing; including General Nursing, CAMHS, Case Management, Intensive Care, Staff Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Nursing. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.