Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Sophie Wood
Salary: £44606 - £50819
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Healthcare is looking for a Senior Clinical Psychologist to fill an exclusive opportunity in the Bradford area.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for a senior position within our supportive and dynamic Psychology Department. Our team consists of a Head of Psychology (Clinical), four other Practitioner Psychologists (Clinical and Forensic) and two Assistant Psychologists. Our team is committed to providing service users with evidence-based care, to the highest of standards. We routinely evaluate our work and regularly present outcomes at conferences and in peer-reviewed journals. The skillset within the team includes post-qualification training in CBT, CAT, Schema therapy and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy. You will have access to individual, group and peer supervision, and will be supported to further develop your own psychotherapeutic expertise.
This role will be working as part of an established multi-disciplinary team (MDT) including Nursing colleagues, Occupational Therapists, Social Workers, Consultant Psychiatrist, and Specialty Doctor.
- You will have opportunities to work with service users from across the different wards, so that your caseload is not restricted to one particular client-group. You will have a manageable, diverse and interesting caseload of both forensic and non-forensic work, as well as DBT and non-DBT work. As a senior member of the team, you will work alongside the Head of Psychology and another senior psychologist to provide leadership and supervision to other team members. You will also be supported to engage in the full breadth of activities comprising a psychologist’s role:
Psychological assessments including cognitive, structured risk and personality assessments
- Psychological therapy with individuals
- Psychological therapy with groups
- Consultation to teams
- Provision of training and supervision
- Service evaluation and clinical research, including dissemination of outcomes via conference presentations and publications.
- Professional development is strongly encouraged. We have a generous training budget and the successful candidate may be supported to undertake intensive DBT training, with a view to contributing to our comprehensive DBT programme. You will also be supported to undertake further training appropriate to your role e.g. forensic risk assessment and Positive Behaviour Support.
Qualifications: A Doctorate Level Qualification (or equivalent) in Clinical Psychology.
- Experience of working with adults in a mental health setting.
- Experience and training in the provision of supervision is desirable.
- Experience of specialist psychological assessment and treatment of people with a wide range of mental health conditions, as well as planning and delivering psychological interventions.
- A positive approach to working with people presenting with a range of difficulties including: psychosis, emotionally unstable personality traits; deliberate self-harm; physical and verbal aggression; history of sexual offending; drug and alcohol problems.
- Experience of various psychological therapies/models and risk assessments.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Compliance: Registration with the HCPC (Health Care Professions Council)
Travel: To be able to travel independently to and from the location.
Hours: Up to 37.5 hours. Full time.
Benefits to you:
- Company pension scheme
- NHS and employee discount scheme
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- Internal / external CPD and training opportunities
- OT email group and peer support
- Clinical supervision and support from the Director of Occupational Therapy (North)
- Opportunities to broaden experience and enhance service development
We’ll offer you…
- Salary: £44,606 – £50,819 (Depending on Experience)
- Support from an onsite multi-disciplinary team, Psychology team and Head of Psychology.
- Generous learning and development opportunities e.g. DBT training
- Opportunities to become involved in Research
- NHS and other employee discounts
- Free meals at work
- Free parking
- Pension scheme
Working with Seven Healthcare:
Established in 2011, Seven Healthcare is a leading provider of Healthcare professionals to public and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of Healthcare; including Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Podiatrists, Paediatric Audiologists and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Psychologist who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Healthcare. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.