Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Peter O'Reilly
Salary: £42715 - £42715
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Senior Neonatal Staff Nurse (Band 6)
Salary: Band 6 £ 31,531 – £38,055 BAR £39,299 – £42,715 per annum
Hours: Full Time
** FULL RELOCATION PACKAGE **
We offer an integrated health and social care to the people of Alderney and Guernsey. Our Neonatal Unit has 3 cots and is based on one hospital site and in addition to attending deliveries and assisting the medical team our staff undertake air transfers.
We are seeking Neonatal Nurses with a drive to consistently improve standards of nursing and develop their skills to pursue a career in our Neonatal Unit. To support our commitment to revalidation we provide a comprehensive training programme to our staff which includes yearly off-island placements to maintain skills as well as the payment for the cost of NMC subscriptions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To take a lead in an agreed area of neonatal care and facilitate this in the service development.
- To act as a resource and supervisor to all staff working within the area.
- To be professionally accountable and to recognise own limitations of work and practice within the NMC Code of Conduct.
- To contribute to the recruitment and retention of team members.
- To communicate effectively with patient/clients and their significant others, taking into account their cultural background and cognitive functioning
- In conjunction with the audit department, initiate and undertake clinical audits to monitor and maintain standards or practice and present findings through presentations.
- Registered Children’s Nurse or RN Child/RGN
- Diploma/Degree in related field
- EMB 405 or equivalent
- NLS provider
- A minimum of 2 years neonatal nursing experience
- Leadership and/or management training.
- Assessing and mentoring qualification
- Evidence of child protection training
Successful applicants will be invited to Guernsey to attend an expenses paid panel interview. We offer a competitive salary and you will be entitled to an annual bonus of £1,167 and an additional bonus of £3,000 payable after two and four years of continuous service*.
You will benefit from having your professional subscriptions paid, support with your NMC revalidation, excellent training opportunities up to masters level and free parking across the Island, including all of our Health and Social Care sites. We will also honour your NHS service for the provision of annual leave and sick leave and we offer our staff a generous annual leave quota with 9 bank holidays. There is also the possibility of transferring your NHS pension into our compulsory pension scheme.
Successful candidates will be provided with a Long Term Employment Permit. This permit will allow you to become a permanent resident and will extend to any family members who reside with you.
We offer an attractive relocation package** and, if you rent private accommodation, you will be entitled to a £5,000 lump sum, a rent allowance payable over 2 years and a house purchase grant where applicable. As an alternative, we also offer single subsidised staff accommodation and a £500 lump sum to support your relocation.