Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Peter O'Reilly
Salary: £42715 - £42715
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Senior Staff Nurse (Band 6) – Emergency Department
** GUERNSEY FULL RELOCATION PACKAGE **
Salary: Band 6 £31,531- £38,055 BAR £39,299 – £42,715 per annum
Hours: Full Time
Emergency nursing requires senior staff nurses to be enthusiastic, motivated and able to work under pressure without supervision. Ideally you will have at least 3 years’ experience working in an emergency environment including Adult and Paediatric Resuscitation experience. We participate in the emergency rota to provide hospital-wide emergency teams for adults and paediatrics – and you will be the lead nurse.
As team leader the post holder will regularly take charge of Accident and Emergency and requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a positive attitude and the ability to work under pressure in an adapting environment.
The post holder is expected to demonstrate portfolio evidence of training and development specific to emergency nursing, to include ALS/EPLS and ideally ATNC. Proficiency in cannulation, venepuncture and plastering is expected. You will be responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating programmes of patient care without supervision. Supervision of junior staff is a key component, and you will be involved in induction of new staff and be a sound role model.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To undertake the assessment of patients/clients with complex care needs including individuals with undifferentiated and undiagnosed conditions.
- To develop, implement and evaluate programmes of care to meet these needs
- To take a lead in the promotion of the health and well-being of clients/patients and their significant others, ensuring that health promotion is incorporated in the planning and delivery of care
- To contribute to the recruitment and retention of team members.
- To communicate effectively with patient/clients and their significant others, taking into account their cultural background and cognitive functioning.
- Registered Nurse
- Evidence of CPD at Diploma Level
- Minimum of 2 years recent experience within Emergency Care
- European paediatric Advanced Life Support Provider
- Advanced Life Support Provider
- Trauma Intermediate Life Support course
- Mentorship or teaching qualification
Successful applicants will be invited to Guernsey to attend an expenses paid panel interview. We offer a competitive salary and you will be entitled to an annual bonus of £1,167 and an additional bonus of £3,000 payable after two and four years of continuous service*.
You will benefit from having your professional subscriptions paid, support with your NMC revalidation, excellent training opportunities up to masters level and free parking across the Island, including all of our Health and Social Care sites. We will also honour your NHS service for the provision of annual leave and sick leave and we offer our staff a generous annual leave quota with 9 bank holidays. There is also the possibility of transferring your NHS pension into our compulsory pension scheme.
Successful candidates will be provided with a Long Term Employment Permit. This permit will allow you to become a permanent resident and will extend to any family members who reside with you.
We offer an attractive relocation package** and, if you rent private accommodation, you will be entitled to a £5,000 lump sum, a rent allowance payable over 2 years and a house purchase grant where applicable. As an alternative, we also offer single subsidised staff accommodation and a £500 lump sum to support your relocation.