Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Lauren Bishop
Salary: £25328 - £32780
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Band 5 Staff Nurse – Up to £32,780 – Full Time – Guernsey
- Guernsey is a beautiful island located south of England, and off the northwest coast of France. There are plenty of reasons to consider relocating for a permanent job in Guernsey, not least the better weather!
- The Island’s coastline of cliffs, beaches and harbour ports combines with its French influence to provide a relaxed lifestyle in the most beautiful of settings.
- For most visitors, the island’s coast is its greatest draw. There are 27 very different bays to choose from – some with long and popular stretches of sand, others hidden coves which rarely attract tourists. The beautiful south coast is lined with stunning cliffs best explored on foot.
- The generous relocation package offered includes; house hunting visit; removal expenses; assistance with the cost of inbound travel; rental allowance; a house purchase grant.
- The post holder will carry out a wide range of duties principally to assess, develop, implement and evaluate care to work within the wider multi-disciplinary team and also autonomously as required. ?
- The post holder will follow a model of care that promotes close team work and is delivered to service users in accordance with agreed ward programmes of health care delivery and recovery. ?
- The post holder will demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively on all levels within both the acute mental health service, primary care and with relatives/carers. ? The post holder will be empathic when working with service users who have mental health problems and will be guided by established policies and procedures within the clinical setting. ?
- The post holder will engage in training, clinical supervision, line management supervision and team meetings on a regular basis and will provide supervision to junior members of the nursing team. ?
- The post holder will contribute to the continued professional development of other nursing team members, student nurses, VQ candidates, HCA’s and other less experienced/new to role team members. ?
- The post holder will take responsibility for professional development undertaking training as required by the organisation. ?
- The post holder will participate in service development demonstrating initiative, enthusiasm and the ability to undertake project work.
- You must be a Registered Mental Health Nurse.
- Motivation to work towards the continued improvement and development of the service being delivered.
- Willingness to engage in projects to enhance the delivery of care – inclusive of regular audits.
- Autonomously undertake the role of Nurse Lead in the coordination of service user care within a multi-disciplinary team approach.
- Evidence of effective Communication/ Interpersonal skills.
- Evidence of Enthusiasm / Motivation for this role and use of initiative.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability, offering 24 hours service delivery.
- Be able to demonstrate good time keeping and time management skills.
- Demonstrate the importance of accurate record keeping and ability to audit such records for acceptable minimum standards.
- Demonstrate willingness and the ability to undertake training in the physical management of violence and aggression.
- Be able to provide support and VQ evidence for team members undertaking further qualifications within the workplace.
- Demonstrate a caring and empathic approach to individuals treating service users with dignity and respect.
- In the absence of more senior team members demonstrate the ability to lead the team within the remit of the organisations policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Demonstrate high levels of motivation and drive, using initiative, innovation and working towards the wider organisations vision.
- Good level of general fitness.
- To be an effective team worker.
- Demonstrate the capacity to treat service users with equality and diversity respecting their individual rights and contributing to good practice standards and guidelines.
- For the post holder to work within the remit of the Recovery Model.
If you are ready for a change of scenery, and a new and exciting challenge and experience, please apply for this job today. Alternatively, we are offering £350 for successful referrals.