Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Lauren Bishop
Salary: £25328 - £32780
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Band 5 Staff Nurse – Up to £32,780 – Full Time – Guernsey
- Guernsey is a beautiful island located south of England, and off the northwest coast of France. There are plenty of reasons to consider relocating for a permanent job in Guernsey, not least the better weather!
- The Island’s coastline of cliffs, beaches and harbour ports combines with its French influence to provide a relaxed lifestyle in the most beautiful of settings.
- For most visitors, the island’s coast is its greatest draw. There are 27 very different bays to choose from – some with long and popular stretches of sand, others hidden coves which rarely attract tourists. The beautiful south coast is lined with stunning cliffs best explored on foot.
- The generous relocation package offered includes; house hunting visit; removal expenses; assistance with the cost of inbound travel; rental allowance; a house purchase grant.
- Be responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating programmes of care for patients.
- Deliver care in accordance with current ward philosophy.
- Under the direction of the nurse in charge, regularly act as ward co-ordinator.
- Take charge of the ward and supervise nursing staff on a regular basis.
- Act as a clinical supervisor and preceptor to develop skills of first and second level nurses, and nursing auxiliaries
- Act as a key figure in assisting new staff complete orientation and induction programmes.
- Understand and adhere to the principles contained within the ward philosophy.
- Show an awareness and work towards meeting the agreed aims and objectives of the ward.
- Put into practice the theory and principles of the agreed nursing model.
- Manage total care of a group of patients within sphere of competence.
- Supervise the practise of newly qualified and unqualified staff.
- Ensure communication given to and received from other members of the multidisciplinary team is effective.
- Registered Nurse.
- Portfolio evidence of previous emergency nursing experience (including areas of resuscitation, majors, minors and paediatric skills) or experience of both medical and surgical nursing.
- ALS/EPLS and a mentorship qualification or a willingness and ability to undertake relevant training as necessary.
- Cannulation and venepuncture (including intravenous infusions).
- Plastering and splinting skills.
- ECG provision.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload, often under pressure.
- The ability to work as part of a team and alone without direct supervision within your level of experience
If you are ready for a change of scenery, and a new and exciting challenge and experience, please apply for this job today. Alternatively, we are offering £350 for successful referrals.