Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Lauren Bishop
Salary: £25328 - £32780
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Band 5 Staff Nurse – Up to £32,780 – Full Time – Guernsey
- Guernsey is a beautiful island located south of England, and off the northwest coast of France. There are plenty of reasons to consider relocating for a permanent job in Guernsey, not least the better weather!
- The Island’s coastline of cliffs, beaches and harbour ports combines with its French influence to provide a relaxed lifestyle in the most beautiful of settings.
- For most visitors, the island’s coast is its greatest draw. There are 27 very different bays to choose from – some with long and popular stretches of sand, others hidden coves which rarely attract tourists. The beautiful south coast is lined with stunning cliffs best explored on foot.
- The generous Relocation Package offered includes; house hunting visit; removal expenses; assistance with the cost of inbound travel; rental allowance; a house purchase grant. Interview travel is also covered, and all is in addition to very competitive pay and an Annual Bonus.
- There are five in-service user areas within Older Adult Mental Health comprising of 94 inservice user beds. A day centre facility for 20 service users and a community mental health team comprising of a multi-disciplinary team.
- The Community Mental Health team consists of one clinical nurse specialist, one approved social worker, one specialist occupational therapist and 4 community psychiatric nurses who work closely with the Consultant and Associate Psychiatrists. In addition to carrying individual caseloads the team provide a memory clinic service to the island which is held three times weekly undertaking specific testing leading to possible diagnoses.
- All areas within the Services for Older People are approved learning environments used for training pre-registration nursing students and other learners.
- The post holder will co-ordinate the management of the Ward in the absence of another Registered Nurse and will have responsibility for ensuring that best practice is adopted to maintain high standard of care.
- Assisting service users with all activities of daily living is a core component of this role.
- Care will be individualised to each service users’ needs and will be delivered in a dignified and compassionate manner at all time.
- Service user’s views will be respected and where possible they will be included in any decisions around their care.
- Service user safety is of the highest priority and the post holder will ensure that all States of Guernsey policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- The post holder will be expected to act as a mentor to more junior members of staff and may be required to take on additional responsibility within the area of work to support the Senior Staff within the team.
- Registered Adult Nurse.
- Be able to work in a confident and calm manner but seek guidance when appropriate.
- To have a good understanding of the English language both verbal and written.
- Have clear concise communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure and deal with challenging situations calmly.
- Able to lead and assist in the development of more junior members of staff.
- Caring and empathetic.
- Willing to go that extra mile.
- Have a sense of fun.
- Be creative.
- There is a requirement for significant physical effort in this role therefore a good standard of fitness is required to assist service users with their activities of daily living
If you are ready for a change of scenery, and a new and exciting challenge and experience, please apply for this job today. Alternatively, we are offering £350 for successful referrals.