Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Lauren Bishop
Salary: £25328 - £32780
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Band 5 Staff Nurse – Up to £32,780 – Full Time – Guernsey
- Guernsey is a beautiful island located south of England, and off the northwest coast of France. There are plenty of reasons to consider relocating for a permanent job in Guernsey, not least the better weather!
- The Island’s coastline of cliffs, beaches and harbour ports combines with its French influence to provide a relaxed lifestyle in the most beautiful of settings.
- For most visitors, the island’s coast is its greatest draw. There are 27 very different bays to choose from – some with long and popular stretches of sand, others hidden coves which rarely attract tourists. The beautiful south coast is lined with stunning cliffs best explored on foot.
- The generous Relocation Package offered includes; house hunting visit; removal expenses; assistance with the cost of inbound travel; rental allowance; a house purchase grant. Interview travel is also covered, and all is in addition to very competitive pay and an Annual Bonus, and extra two and four year bonus.
- The Surgical Unit comprises of three wards that use a multidisciplinary team, including specialist and consultant nurses who work across the acute services, to provide care to patients following a range of surgical procedures.
- The post holder will undertake nursing procedures in accordance with the Royal Marsden Manual of Clinical Nursing Procedures and be conversant with and adhere to Nursing and Midwifery Council Code of Professional Conduct.
- The post holder will demonstrate an understanding and provide professional support to key members of the multidisciplinary team.
- The post holder will demonstrate an understanding of the role of Team Leader and provide professional support to that colleague. In the absence of the Team Leader, the successful applicant will coordinate and provide leadership to the team.
- The post holder will provide direction by acting as a named assessor facilitating junior staff nurses and learners to complete approved competency programmes and participate in clinical supervision. However, the post holder will also be conscious and recognise own limitations by referring when necessary to other, more experienced nurses.
- Current first level registration with the NMC.
- Completed an approved mentor course at level 2 or equivalent.
- Competence in intravenous drug administration.
- Portfolio of evidence to meet KSF agreed criteria.
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
- Experience co-ordinating ward activities, delegating appropriately.
- Evidence of effective communication skills; with particular reference to Multidisciplinary team working, service users, carers and managers.
- Ability to prioritise and organise own workload.
- Understanding and ability to apply evidence based care.
- Evidence of self and professional development.
- SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Professional approach to work.
- Maintains high professional and personal standards.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Positive attitude.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Credible and Trustworthy.
If you are ready for a change of scenery, and a new and exciting challenge and experience, please apply for this job today. Alternatively, we are offering £350 for successful referrals.