Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Peter O'Reilly
Salary: £34173 - £34173
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Staff Nurse (Band 5/6), Critical Care Unit
(Full Relocation Package to Guernsey)
Hours: Full Time/Permanent
Salary: Up to £34,173 per annum
The post holder will be responsible for delivering a high standard of care to high dependency and critically ill patients for allocated shifts, liaising with the multidisciplinary team and offering support and advice to patients, relatives and colleagues.
The post holder will deliver individualised patient care based on principles of best practice through developing a theoretical knowledge base for the care of patients with acute physiological needs. This includes an in depth knowledge of ventilation, sepsis, renal replacement therapy and a thorough understanding of acute cardiac interventions.
The post holder will act as a role model to less experienced nursing staff and participate in the development of departmental initiatives to enhance High Dependency and Critical Care.
- Understand and adhere to the principles contained within the ward philosophy.
- Show awareness and work towards meeting the agreed aims and objectives of the ward
- Provide direction by acting as a named assessor facilitating junior staff nurses and learners to complete approved competency programmes.
- Take all possible steps to safeguard the welfare and safety of patients, staff and personal self in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work (General) Guernsey 1987 document
- In the absence of the Team Leader, co-ordinate and provide leadership to the team.
- Registered Nurse
- Experience co-ordinating ward activities, delegating appropriately
- Evidence of effective communication skills with particular reference to Multidisciplinary team working, service users, carers and managers
- Ability to prioritise and organise own workload.
- Understanding and ability to apply evidence based care.
- Evidence of self and professional development
- Professional approach to work with the ability to maintain high professional and personal Standards and patient confidentiality
- Enthusiastic, motivated with a positive attitude
- Flexible approach to work.
Successful applicants will be invited to Guernsey to attend an expenses paid panel interview. We offer a competitive salary and you will be entitled to an annual bonus of £1,167 and an additional bonus of £3,000 payable after two and four years of continuous service*.
You will benefit from having your professional subscriptions paid, support with your NMC revalidation, excellent training opportunities up to masters level and free parking across the Island, including all of our Health and Social Care sites. We will also honour your NHS service for the provision of annual leave and sick leave and we offer our staff a generous annual leave quota with 9 bank holidays. There is also the possibility of transferring your NHS pension into our compulsory pension scheme.
Successful candidates will be provided with a Long Term Employment Permit. This permit will allow you to become a permanent resident and will extend to any family members who reside with you.
We offer an attractive relocation package** and, if you rent private accommodation, you will be entitled to a £5,000 lump sum, a rent allowance payable over 2 years and a house purchase grant where applicable. As an alternative, we also offer single subsidised staff accommodation and a £500 lump sum to support your relocation.
Working with Seven Nursing:
Established in 2011, Seven Nursing is a leading provider of nursing professionals to Hospitals, Private Healthcare Organisations and Care Homes. We provide both locum and permanent solutions, working with nurses in band 5, all the way up to band 8D.
Seven Nursing is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of nursing; including General Nursing, CAMHS, Case Management, Intensive Care, Staff Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Nursing. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.