Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Michael Stapleton
Salary: £30 - £35
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Nursing is looking for a Ward Manager to work with a Private Mental Health and Wellbeing Charity based in Leicester.
As Ward Manager you will lead a team of nursing and allied health professionals providing a unique environment tailor made to meet the needs of the service users’. This will include providing excellence in clinical care whilst also nurturing a lively and vibrant environment to meet the social and emotional needs of these individuals.
As part of the Leadership Team within the Hospital, the key responsibilities of the Ward Manger include the human resource and financial management of the ward. You will ensure the 24 hour nursing service is covered by appropriate rostering and skill mix, facilitate multi- disciplinary team working and monitor/participate in patient care provision. You will have proven leadership, managerial, communication, excellent interpersonal skills, evidence of recent professional development, good team working and the ability to prioritise workload.
- Ensure that the highest standard of evidence-based nursing care is delivered to all patients and their families.
- Efficiently manage the wards, ensuring that resources are used effectively whilst maintaining high standards of patient care.
- Effectively manage the service and work closely with the Matron and Head of Service in order to meet the financial targets for the wards and service.
- Maintain professional nursing standards in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct
- Ensure the wards comply with all health and safety requirements and that appropriate policies and procedures are in place.
- Responsible for ensuring the integrity and quality of both computerised and manual data.
- A BSc (Hons) degree in mental health nursing.
- Evidence of continuing professional development – particularly with management skills
- Proven experience in successfully managing a ward roster and ward budgets.
- Clinical knowledge and experience of working with patients with complex neurological disabilities.
- A drive to ensure that patients/residents are supported to live full and active lives.
- Ability to negotiate and work effectively in an interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrable clinical skills and good practice skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal presentation skills & report writing.
- Good understanding of relevant compliance standards, codes of practice, and statutory and professional regulations
Working with Seven Nursing:
Established in 2011, Seven Nursing is a leading provider of nursing professionals to Hospitals, Private Healthcare Organisations and Care Homes. We provide both locum and permanent solutions, working with nurses in band 5, all the way up to band 8D.
Seven Nursing is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of nursing; including General Nursing, CAMHS, Case Management, Intensive Care, Staff Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Nursing. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.