Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Peter O’Reilly
Salary: £45000 - £45000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Ward Manager – Eating Disorders
Location: West London
Salary: £40,000 – £45,000
Employment Type: Full Time
Hours Per week: 37.5
Help us to create positive change by improving patients’ lives through outstanding healthcare.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Ward Manager at our Hospital in Ealing.
As part of one of the UK’s largest independent providers of mental health care, this is an exciting place to build your career.
We provide person-centered care for service users with eating disorders and comorbid psychiatric disorders such as depression, anxiety or OCD.
Our outstanding facilities provide a welcoming, non-institutional environment set in a leafy, residential area, with excellent links to the M25 and central London.
The hospital building was once a house and has retained its homely feel, thanks to our welcoming, friendly staff and pleasant surroundings.
– Registered Mental Health or Learning Disability Nurse with a valid pin
– Experience of working in a Mental Health setting
– Experience of implementing and monitoring standards of care
– Experience of mentoring students and Healthcare staff
– Experience of working as part of a multidisciplinary team
We are looking for dynamic and innovative Ward Manager who is passionate about working in the care and treatment of adults who experience Eating Disorders.
You are committed to providing high quality care that can make a real difference to people who use our services and their families/carers.
You’ll need a genuine passion for working with our service users – an enthusiastic and optimistic outlook is essential, as you’ll be supporting our service users to move along their care pathway.
You’ll be part of a supportive team environment, who will all share your desire to make a real difference to the lives of our service users.
- Have overall management responsibility for effective delivery of service user centred care within the ward
- Provide Strong Clinical Leader a team of nursing staff in the delivery of high quality evidence-based practice
- Coordinate multidisciplinary working, maintaining excellent communication and working relationships with all team members
- Manage operational resources in a cost-effective manner, and evaluating the standard of service delivered
- Have knowledge of quality performance indicators and the role they play in contract review
- Lead quality improvement initiatives within the unit
- Have experience and skills in risk assessment and management
- Liaise with referring agencies, communicating professionally and knowledgeably at all times
- Provide quality assurance to stakeholders including CQC and NHSE.
We will provide you with ongoing opportunities to hone new skills and further your career, access to developmental and specialist training as well as providing you with an environment where teams are supportive and supported.
- RCNi membership
- Monthly reflective practice, support with revalidation & CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- A high-quality work environment
- Opportunity to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Contributory pension scheme & free life insurance
- Subsidised meals on duty
- Health Cash Plan
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Working with Seven Nursing:Established in 2011, Seven Nursing is a leading provider of nursing professionals to Hospitals, Private Healthcare Organisations and Care Homes. We provide both locum and permanent solutions, working with nurses in band 5, all the way up to band 8D.
Seven Nursing is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of nursing; including General Nursing, Mental Health Nursing, Learning Disability, Children’s Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Nursing. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.