Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Peter O'Reilly
Salary: £50172 - £50172
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Ward Manager – Neonatal Unit (Guernsey Full Relocation Package)
Salary: £50,172 per annum
Hours: Full Time
The Band 7 ward manager for Frossard Ward and The Neonatal Unit acts as a leader, advisor and role model, ensuring appropriate standards of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care are delivered to patients/clients within their clinical setting, as well as, implementing and monitoring quality assurance initiatives including development of action plans and measuring outcomes.
They will take charge of the unit and have 24 hour responsibility, deputising for the Paediatric Matron in their absence.
- To co-ordinate the assessment of patients/clients with complex care needs including individuals with undifferentiated and undiagnosed conditions.
- To co-ordinate the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care for patients/clients with complex care needs.
- To co-ordinate risk assessment processes to determine risks to the health and wellbeing of patients/clients with complex care needs, taking relevant action to minimise these risks.
- To lead a team of staff in emergency and other acute situations, ensuring that the patient’s/client’s needs are met and that significant others are supported.
- Responsible for professional clinical leadership and operational management of the ward and neonatal unit.
- Children’s Nurse/Registered sick children’s nurse.
- Evidence of Neonatal Intensive Care Course or equivalent.
- Teaching/Mentoring qualification.
- Diploma in related field.
- Degree in related field (to be achieved by second gateway).
- Management qualification (to be achieved by second gateway).
- Experience co-ordinating unit activities, delegating appropriately.
- Evidence of effective communication skills; with particular reference to multidisciplinary team working, service users, carers and managers
- Level 3 certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement or equivalent (D32/33, NVQ A1) (to be achieved by second gateway). (Desirable)
Successful applicants will be invited to Guernsey to attend an expenses paid panel interview. We offer a competitive salary and you will be entitled to an annual bonus of £1,167 and an additional bonus of £3,000 payable after two and four years of continuous service*.
You will benefit from having your professional subscriptions paid, support with your NMC revalidation, excellent training opportunities up to masters level and free parking across the Island, including all of our Health and Social Care sites. We will also honour your NHS service for the provision of annual leave and sick leave and we offer our staff a generous annual leave quota with 9 bank holidays. There is also the possibility of transferring your NHS pension into our compulsory pension scheme.
Successful candidates will be provided with a Long Term Employment Permit. This permit will allow you to become a permanent resident and will extend to any family members who reside with you.
We offer an attractive relocation package** and, if you rent private accommodation, you will be entitled to a £5,000 lump sum, a rent allowance payable over 2 years and a house purchase grant where applicable. As an alternative, we also offer single subsidised staff accommodation and a £500 lump sum to support your relocation.
Working with Seven Nursing:
Established in 2011, Seven Nursing is a leading provider of nursing professionals to Hospitals, Private Healthcare Organisations and Care Homes. We provide both locum and permanent solutions, working with nurses in band 5, all the way up to band 8D.
Seven Nursing is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of nursing; including General Nursing, CAMHS, Case Management, Intensive Care, Staff Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Nursing. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.