Sector: Nursing Care
Consultant: Peter O’Reilly
Salary: £49344 - £49344
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Ward Manager – Younger Adults with Complex Needs
Salary: Up to £49,344 pa
Hours: Full Time
As a Ward Manager you will lead a team of nursing and allied health professionals providing a unique environment tailor made to meet the needs of young disabled adults. This will include providing excellence in clinical care whilst also nurturing a lively and vibrant environment to meet the social and emotional needs of these individuals. This facility will be a home-from-home providing a place for independence to be maximised and residents be supported to live full and active lives.
- To ensure that the highest standard of evidence-based nursing care is delivered to all patients and their families.
- To act as patient advocate,ensuring privacy, dignity and confidentiality are met.
- Lead by example to demonstrating an awareness of disability and acknowledging and valuing the contributions of all patients.
- To monitor and ensure patient and relative satisfaction and be proactive in managing any issue that is identified.
- Toactasaresourceofspecialistclinicalknowledgeandinformationfornursing staffandensurethatallnursingpracticesaremeetingtherequiredstandards.
- To promote reflective practice and learning in order to ensure that nursing care is research based, appropriate and responsive to patient needs
- RGN / RNLD
- Evidence of continuing professional development particularly with management skills
- Proven experience in successfully managing a ward roster and ward budgets.
- Clinical knowledge and experience of working with patients with complex neurological disabilities.
- A drive to ensure that patients/residents are supported to live full and active lives.
- Ability to negotiate and work effectively in an interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrable clinical skills and good practice skills
- Excellent communication skills,written and verbal presentation skills & report writing.
- Good understanding of relevant compliance standards, codes of practice, and statutory and professional regulations
- Free on-site parking
- Generous staff pension scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Occupational health service which includes a range of wellbeing services
- Access to on site staff accommodation
- Option to join a health insurance scheme administered by HSF at preferential rates.
- DSE/eyesight tests and cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Great work-life balance
- Subsidised canteen
- Virgin Health Discounts and onsite Yoga
- Opportunity to undertake our Nurse Programme which entails training of “Management of Patients who have Highly Complex Neurological Disorders Programme”
Working with Seven Nursing:
Established in 2011, Seven Nursing is a leading provider of nursing professionals to Hospitals, Private Healthcare Organisations and Care Homes. We provide both locum and permanent solutions, working with nurses in band 5, all the way up to band 8D.
Seven Nursing is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of nursing; including General Nursing, CAMHS, Case Management, Intensive Care, Staff Nursing and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Nurse who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Nursing. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.