Seven Social Care is looking for a qualified Adult Learning Disabilities Social Worker to fill an exclusive opportunity specialising in the wellbeing of adults across Bradford.
As an Adult Learning Disabilities Social Worker, you will be responsible for acting as a link worker for families and adults with Learning Disabilities. The role of an Adult Learning Disabilities Social Worker is a key position that brings together the needs of adults with Learning Disabilities.
– Ability to assimilate, evaluate and prioritise information, including relevant data
– Knowledge and understanding of the Community Care Act and Social Care legislation
– Experience in developing community care packages / Self Directed Support
– Effective collaborative working within a multi-disciplinary team
– Commitment to promoting the rights of learning disabilities
– Reliable and self-reliant, but will seek guidance appropriately
– Willingness to undertake further training as required, with a positive approach to self development
– Organisational skills and the ability to work to tight timescales whilst being detail
– Evidence of good written and verbal communication skills
– Committed to Equal Opportunities and anti-discrimination practice in employment and
Degree in Social Work, CQSW, CSS,
DipSW, or equivalent.
At least 2 years post qualifying experience in field work or other related experience.
Experience of working with people with learning disabilities, carers and independent service providers
Experience of commissioning services with the knowledge of Local Authority
Knowledge of resources – health, local authority, voluntary and independent sector
Up to date SWE registration and DBS.
Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.